SaltCritters.com

photo hosting

GHill762

where do you upload your photos to? I have been using photobucket but I recently got the "you're getting near your bandwidth limit" warning, I was considering an imgur account or something like that but I know nothing about any of the other sites.. so what do you use or like? any preferences? I would like something easy, and preferably with an app.. also, I want it to be free (which is why I dont' just upgrade my photobucket acct)..

Paid subscription to Photobucket

I hate how teeny/graphical/non user friendly it is. But I'm stuck there. It's a lot easier than uploading to my own site and hosting. They have a nice app to direct upload/get links.

flickr!

huge pictures

1terabyte of storage

imgur or flickr. flickr allows you to have better control over your images tho.

soulds like flickr may be the way to go.. thanks guys.. I'll look into them tonight.. I looked at imgur briefly and it didn't look bad.. photobucket is starting to annoy me anyway (even before the bandwidth warning)..

Paid subscription to Photobucket

I hate how teeny/graphical/non user friendly it is. But I'm stuck there. It's a lot easier than uploading to my own site and hosting. They have a nice app to direct upload/get links.

I said no!

I'm cheap.. lol.. I'll set up a second and third email before paying for photobucket..

I've also heard that photobucket reduces the quality of your images.. not that I would notice, but just what I've heard.. lol..

Google's Picassa for me. Lots of space, works fast. Does what I need it to do. Have 1000's of images up there.
easy to grab an image code and post it here?

I've also heard that photobucket reduces the quality of your images.. not that I would notice, but just what I've heard.. lol..

It can by choice, it sizes them down to the resolution that you choose. When you post here the max image size is something like 750 or 800 pixels wide anyway, so it is nice that it does that automatically. Plus makes for faster loading. Other forums do not size down pictures and it looks terrible when looking at threads.

It was worth the $30 something per year to keep my old threads and walkthroughs alive.

easy to grab an image code and post it here?

Ehh..Right click, grab image URL, Click on image thingie in editor, paste, hit enter. Done

+1 for picasa. If you already have a Google (Gmail) account your setup. Picasaweb.google.com

I've used it for years and have 2TB of shared storage.

Archived