inTank Media Baskets

to upgrade or not to upgrade

rmacedo2010

yea i planned on doing 5g every 3 days so i can closely monitor it because im on vacation and have nothing better to do lol. i also plan on making a jump to biopellets.i have been doing alot of homework on them lately and feel like i would benefit. so maybe after about a month or so, enough time for the tank to settle so to say

by the way chris i used my old sand just added some new. when i was scooping it out it didnt stink and was clean so i think everything will be ok

i hear some people have mixed reviews on the brs pellets but to each their own i guess so i was going to uset that or the npx from two little fishies considering i have their 150 reactor. also start slow meaning 1/4 of the total dose each month until i reach my tanks recommended full dosage?

by the way chris i used my old sand just added some new. when i was scooping it out it didnt stink and was clean so i think everything will be ok

i hear some people have mixed reviews on the brs pellets but to each their own i guess so i was going to uset that or the npx from two little fishies considering i have their 150 reactor. also start slow meaning 1/4 of the total dose each month until i reach my tanks recommended full dosage?

Yes, start with 1/4, you could add each additional 1/4 every week supposedly but I'd go atleast every other just to let it break in and give you a better chance to monitor everything better. The pellets take a little while to start working anyways, 100% "recommended dose" could be to much for your system especially if you don't feed alot or have many fish.

the tank was completely up and running in 5 hrs livestock in and all. I have a bunch of small heaters, powerheads, and bins which made the job super easy. the live stock was in tubs for about 2 hours with a lid to " calm them down " out of all the fish and coral id have to say the biggest p.i.t.a was a porcelain crab believe it or not lol

post-78236-0-67826100-1391792728_thumb.jpg

so i woke up this morning and checked all my levels and everything is doing great so far. i cant wait to add some more livestock but need to be patient :scarry:

attachicon.gif75.jpg

so i woke up this morning and checked all my levels and everything is doing great so far. i cant wait to add some more livestock but need to be patient :scarry:

Yeah being patient is definitely hard. I am already looking at getting corals and my tank isn't even wet right now LOL

Archived