Pod Your Reef

BA's New PicO Aquarium Tank

BattleAthletics

I'm just going to say this. My tank looks like some serious stone age doodoo on a stick compared to the set up you have. And yours doesn't even have coral in it. WTH.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

I'm just going to say this. My tank looks like some serious stone age doodoo on a stick compared to the set up you have. And yours doesn't even have coral in it. WTH.

\(◎o◎)/

Nonsense! Your tank is wonderful! Don't trust my pictures they are all photoshopped. They aren't even real, there is no build, I drew all the photos with mspaint.

I run Sicces. So silent, love them!

And holy crap... I wouldn't even know how to properly organize the equipment you have. Wonder what your room looks like...

I've been getting the same feedback on maast(South Texas Reef Forum), I'm going to seriously look into one.
  • Like 2

Look into Laguna pumps, BA. They get great reviews and are extremely quiet. I just got the biggest one they make (4200gph) and that thing is basically silent.

• Like 2

Lol. I'm looking forward to seeing this with all kinds of goodies in it.

I thought this was supposed to be a family site, now we get to see wet boxes with goodies inside.... I like this place more and more everyday :)

Look into Laguna pumps, BA. They get great reviews and are extremely quiet. I just got the biggest one they make (4200gph) and that thing is basically silent.

Pretty sure that is the company that makes/owns Quiet One pumps as well... which mine is pretty dang quiet :) lol

BattleAthletics

Rock work broke while I was taking it out of the rodi bath. Nothing epoxy can't fix!

Front FTS

2u9yru6u.jpg

Is that a face I see?

mavamu2u.jpg

Took our the mag 7 and put a Lifegard Quietone 2300, thing is silent, love it. Now the skimmer on the other hand is noisy, even after I swapped it to a Eheim 1262(900ish GPH). Need to find a solution for this.

Also, I actually do own a bonsai tree.

qahy2ebe.jpg

• Like 7

Pretty sure that is the company that makes/owns Quiet One pumps as well... which mine is pretty dang quiet :) lol

They're exactly the same internally as askoll pumps. They just cost waaaaaay less.

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

Just to let you know that bonsai is a juniper and needs to be kept outdoors

Right, it had been 30-40F this week, it's been outside other than this week.

• Like 2

Right, it had been 30-40F this week, it's been outside other than this week.

My Junipers stay out year around :). You need schooled on Junipers son?:)
  • Like 2

Junipers don't need protecting till like 10ish degrees if there in a pot and even then there very hardy, I never bring them in my cold house unless there some freak weather where it gets in the negatives. Also if that's glues rock pebbles on the surface you need to chip those off

• Like 1
BattleAthletics

I was babying the tree, out it went today.

While being inside it did bud out and grew a bit, I thought they were slow growers?

Anyways scape plus 2 islands went in today and about 20lbs of rock went into the sump. The TLF phosban reactor was used with fowls to clear up the dust. Works amazingly, now time to count down the weeks until the cycle is done. I used biospira last time to cycle my evolve 8 and it worked great, testing will be done this week. Live sand and crushed coral was used as the substrate. Made a valley of .5-1in of crushed coral in the middle and used a thin layer of crushed coral on the rest of the sand bed. To prevent sandstorm. You have no idea how glad I am that this startup is close to being done. Hurt my back yesterday at my daughters 3rd bday party on a moon jump. Rescue training in the morning, not looking forward to it.

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

time for a heating pad and a hydrocodone!

:-/ It's not working, I've even done some flexeril, it never got me drowsy, I've taken some anti inflammatory pills to no avail, something is seriously ####ed up with me.

• Like 2

Glad to hear the tank is up and running now, definitely looking forward to watching this one fill in and grow out :)

That sucks about the back man hopefully it will get better soon!

BattleAthletics

Glad to hear the tank is up and running now, definitely looking forward to watching this one fill in and grow out :)

That sucks about the back man hopefully it will get better soon!

Me too, meds are helping though.

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

I need help with stocking list after I get my corals back from doc and Glenn.

There's a mp10 if you look closely through the arch.

• Like 2
BattleAthletics

yhu4yhyz.jpg

Lights on!

Also my laptop USB connection started to smoke while connected to the apex, idk how the hell I'm supposed to update it now.

Need to program my radion also.

Yeah, line your hole with coral BA...... omgomgomg

Ahh the old glory hole.

• Like 8

Looks great man! One question though, where are you gonna put that big ass chunk of rock that I've got sitting in my tank (the one with the war coral, which has tripled in size btw, and the two little acro frags)?

yhu4yhyz.jpg

Lights on!

Also my laptop USB connection started to smoke while connected to the apex, idk how the hell I'm supposed to update it now.

Need to program my radion also.

How did this happen ? I just set up my new Apex two weeks ago and connect everything though my router (etherport connection) . I disconnect my netgear wireless bridge and connected my etherport from my apex to my router. Then I connect my laptop to my router via etherport cable also. Everything updated fine /I have the new firmware and still have not been emailed by Apex for the new Fusion access. I have signed up on there website but nothing yet. Please see the link below:

Hope this helps out. Awesome scape by the way!!

• Like 1