Top Shelf Aquatics

Merth's 3g Grass-covered hills

Merthynia

TBH, I am kind of doubtful of Eggplant <_< I really don't care to much for it.

BUT! I certainly will look into it. Torshi has 2 styles. A Baghdad and a Mosul.

1 is a very spicy dark brown and the other is more of a Pickle Brine color. (Yellow)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Awww yisss

:wub:

did you get a SSD?

Solid state hard drive? No. Do they even have those for laptops? To be completely honest, the shop I went through was so shady and didn't bother to ask me if I wanted them to replace the hard drive, they just did it and then charged me.

Yay! Welcome back! Hope you still have some blood left :)

Good thing that marrow is always cranking out more! :lol:

• Like 1
jedimasterben

:wub:

Solid state hard drive? No. Do they even have those for laptops? To be completely honest, the shop I went through was so shady and didn't bother to ask me if I wanted them to replace the hard drive, they just did it and then charged me.

Laptops use two kinds, either 2.5" standard drives (which are dirt cheap) or M.2 slots if newer, but those are SSD only, so you'd know if you had one lol. A 250GB Samsung 850 Evo can be had for about a hundred bucks, and there are dozens of free software options to clone your drive to the other, or just reinstall the OS from scratch, also super easy nowadays :)

• Like 1

Laptops use two kinds, either 2.5" standard drives (which are dirt cheap) or M.2 slots if newer, but those are SSD only, so you'd know if you had one lol. A 250GB Samsung 850 Evo can be had for about a hundred bucks, and there are dozens of free software options to clone your drive to the other, or just reinstall the OS from scratch, also super easy nowadays :)

Jedi, I should have paid shipping to have you fix my laptop. It took them 5 weeks, many many many phone calls and different stories and a lot of frustration. I paid $80 for the damn hd (it was already installed), windows 10 (which I didn't want anyways) and then $$$$ labor. I would have trusted you a million times more.

jedimasterben

Jedi, I should have paid shipping to have you fix my laptop. It took them 5 weeks, many many many phone calls and different stories and a lot of frustration. I paid $80 for the damn hd (it was already installed), windows 10 (which I didn't want anyways) and then $$$$ labor. I would have trusted you a million times more.

.... five weeks??? Holy shit, I got a replacement laptop in at work this morning and it took me about 10 minutes to get it imaged, added to our domain, and ready for students to log in to it. Even more than a couple of days (excluding time it would take to get a replacement drive, but it's something that every shop needs to have a few on hand for simple things likes this).

• Like 1

5 weeks...holy hell now I don't feel so bad about what I'm dealing with today.

I've been stuck at an Amazon fulfiment center in San Bernadino all damn day. We don't have local I.T. So i had to drive 2 hours this morning to have my hard drive swapped out for a SSD. The IT person didn't image the disc correctly :angry: so when I went to pick it up they told me it's gonna be another 3 hours.......lame

• Like 1

5 weeks...holy hell now I don't feel so bad about what I'm dealing with today.

I've been stuck at an Amazon fulfiment center in San Bernadino all damn day. We don't have local I.T. So i had to drive 2 hours this morning to have my hard drive swapped out for a SSD. The IT person didn't image the disc correctly :angry: so when I went to pick it up they told me it's gonna be another 3 hours.......lame

Nerds...............

And good to see you back Merthy! Been a while.......

• Like 1

sooo... tank pics?

Haha, you guys are relentless! I do need to take some new pictures of the tank. They've all been a bit neglected over the past few months, I need to make an order with John and restock my cleanup crew.

• Like 3
  • 4 years later...

Browsed through this thread tonight! What a wonderful trip down memory lane! :wub:

I very recently set this tank back up to house the gsp I’m working on removing from my large tank. These are the current images. There are currently two zebra hermits and a red-headed goby in this tank currently. This tank again sits to my left when I’m in my recliner and my 30 gallon sits to my right. 

I forgot how lush and full this tank was before. That is going to be my goal again with tiny frags from my big tank and whatever I can find at the LFS.

7C8B1F87-8C7E-4C9C-BCF5-C3E87DF62B0A.jpeg

BAE2D3F4-8B14-48AC-AD30-6A468E231644.jpeg

B320593E-B505-47A4-BECB-7E5CB01823B8.jpeg

• Like 5

A blast from the past!!!!  I do and always will love the classic picotopes!  Wish I would have hung onto one of the two I've had over the years LOL.  The GSP looks fantastic in there...love that last photo with the goby 🥰. Can't wait to see how this turns out!!!!  I know it's gonna be gooooood 😊.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, gena said:

A blast from the past!!!!  I do and always will love the classic picotopes!  Wish I would have hung onto one of the two I've had over the years LOL.  The GSP looks fantastic in there...love that last photo with the goby 🥰. Can't wait to see how this turns out!!!!  I know it's gonna be gooooood 😊.

Haha yes, I was annoying my SO by showing him all of the old pictures from the tank before I moved several times! The tiny goby is very personable! His name is Sprinkle. I thought about holding off to get another little group of GBGs, but I’ll be honest, getting a fish ordered into one of my LFS has proved impossible. Out of the 6 fish I have requested, they have managed to find none of them.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Merthynia said:

Haha yes, I was annoying my SO by showing him all of the old pictures from the tank before I moved several times! The tiny goby is very personable! His name is Sprinkle. I thought about holding off to get another little group of GBGs, but I’ll be honest, getting a fish ordered into one of my LFS has proved impossible. Out of the 6 fish I have requested, they have managed to find none of them.

Love his name!!!!  I wonder if KPA still sells the GBGs????  I remember I bought like 5 of them for my big cube tank.  I was thinking if I ever add another fish to my tank, it will be 1 GBG.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, gena said:

Love his name!!!!  I wonder if KPA still sells the GBGs????  I remember I bought like 5 of them for my big cube tank.  I was thinking if I ever add another fish to my tank, it will be 1 GBG.

I checked out the site, it didn’t list them, but did have several other goby species! I love the look of the masked gobies also. How could you resist having a little school of them? I’m positive if I ever do add some of the tiny goby species to my large tank, it’ll probably be a small group of 3. I just can’t resist them!

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

I checked out the site, it didn’t list them, but did have several other goby species! I love the look of the masked gobies also. How could you resist having a little school of them? I’m positive if I ever do add some of the tiny goby species to my large tank, it’ll probably be a small group of 3. I just can’t resist them!

Yeah, I looked too.  Didn't see them.  I did send them an email asking if they are expecting to have them in the future.  I'll let you know what I find out!  The masked gobies are super cute.  They swim more than the other types but stay low in the aquarium.  Most of those gobies like to perch, and the masked will do that, but from my experience they like to hover more.  The photos of the masked goby and the neon gobies, on KPA's website, are from my tank actually!!!! LOL

I'm not as crazy about the neon gobies.  They have been "nippers" for me.  They will nip at corals/clams sometimes.  I won't keep them anymore because of that risk.  No issues with the masked or GBG though.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
11 hours ago, gena said:

Yeah, I looked too.  Didn't see them.  I did send them an email asking if they are expecting to have them in the future.  I'll let you know what I find out!  The masked gobies are super cute.  They swim more than the other types but stay low in the aquarium.  Most of those gobies like to perch, and the masked will do that, but from my experience they like to hover more.  The photos of the masked goby and the neon gobies, on KPA's website, are from my tank actually!!!! LOL

I'm not as crazy about the neon gobies.  They have been "nippers" for me.  They will nip at corals/clams sometimes.  I won't keep them anymore because of that risk.  No issues with the masked or GBG though.

Those images are from your tank?! I had no idea!! I love them so much. 🙂 I’d much rather get the masked goby, or GBG than a neon to be honest. My little red cap goby is also just darling in my tiny tank. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that they have good news for you!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Merthynia said:

Those images are from your tank?! I had no idea!! I love them so much. 🙂 I’d much rather get the masked goby, or GBG than a neon to be honest. My little red cap goby is also just darling in my tiny tank. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that they have good news for you!

No word yet, but it can take a few days to hear back from them.