inTank Media Baskets

marking a mixing brute trash can?

ps2cho

Is there a preferred method to mark the inside of a brute trash can?

Is a permanent marker safe?

I just want to mark in increments of 5g to make water changes easy.

once you let sharpie dry its safe. its made to be pretty inert (because its original use/intent was for writing on glass lab equipment). I just have lines for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 gallons marked on the inside of the can written upside down so when I look down at it its easy to read lol.

Sight glass is sweet but I move mine around a lot and would be afraid of hurting it. Also putting bulkheads through curved walls makes me nervous, not that there arent ways to do it.

once you let sharpie dry its safe. its made to be pretty inert (because its original use/intent was for writing on glass lab equipment). I just have lines for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 gallons marked on the inside of the can written upside down so when I look down at it its easy to read lol.

Sight glass is sweet but I move mine around a lot and would be afraid of hurting it. Also putting bulkheads through curved walls makes me nervous, not that there arent ways to do it.

Perfect thanks.

Doing all that work seems a lot for something so simple. The tub will be empty most of the time. I Just want to dump water from the container above it down. Drain 10g. Stop at the line. Throw heater, powerhead and salt for 30-60mins then do my water change. Easy.

I fill mine with 5 gallon increments of tap water and score lines in it at each 5 gallon mark. So I guess I use a jug, tap water, and my knife.

Archived