Coral Vue Hydros

BRB, in the desert. Tank is still up.

Red_Blenny

Red_Blenny

Such nice colors, do you feed this tank anything?

Since I'm fishless, I dose my tank using KZ Nano Power Package once a week. However, I tend to dose Sponge Power 2X a week since I have a purple-red-ish feather duster.

I also directly feed my corals once a week (generally a day before a big water change). Rhodactis, R. yumas, and acans are fed with Hikari Coral Gumbo. My R. floridas and fungias gets Fauna Marin LPS pellets.

Very nice colors!

Thanks man!

• Red_Blenny changed the title to BRB, in the desert. Tank is still up.

Brief update: I'm working in the Mojave Desert for the last 6 months and it's pretty awesome. I get to see stuff like this on a daily basis:

40935824712_e65412d83c_z.jpg

However, this means that my tank has taken a back seat (especially since I'm not around to take care of it, my gf is helping me take care of it). Last picture I took of the tank was my gf's favorite mushrooms, which was before new years.

27106733228_ee760df28d_k.jpg

Here's some other brief news on my tank:

• Some stuff I sold, other corals died :wacko: 
  • I got a new ATO (Specturapure) and I LOVE IT.
  • Reason why lots of my corals were dying is because I found out my tank eats like 1 dKh PER DAY and I only have like a poci, a monti, and a setosa.... and they're not even growing. Added Randy's 2-part recipe.
  • Got 2 cleaner shrimps. They get along with each other but makes feeding corals pain in the butt :angry:
  • My LPS, ironically, are doing really really well. One of my acans  (originally the generic white and red color scheme) became a rainbow acan.
  • Added a xenia for shit and giggles, turns out I can't keep xenias :(  Added a branching GPS instead.
  • Also added an Australophyllia wilsoni (one of the LFS called it an acan and for the price, I couldn't say no).
  • On the hunt for toadstools/papaya cloves
  • Kinda happy that the mushroom craze is slowly dying out. Bought a 3 headed "bounce type" mushrooms for $30.

Future plans is to upgrade into a AIO peninsula tank (like an IM Fusion Peninsula 20 or make a custom version of that tank, but in a 30-40gal).  I also might go to CFM too:

http://www.coralfarmersmarket.com/cfmprotour_westcoastcoralshow_2018.htm

So yea, BRB.