ReefCleaners.org

Dunk's 150g

sdunkin

After almost 4 years, I decided it was finally time to upgrade my 75g.

Tank is a 150g (60"x24"X25") from planet aquariums, drilled with a stock overflow box. I'll be putting a 55g sump underneath it, and the return pump will be a Jebao DC 12000. Lighting will be 2x350w Kessils. Current coral stocking plan is softies with a few lps, and anemones.

Finally got the tank.

8dcf7a03-628c-49da-a2c8-65471fc0e55b_zps

Frenchie for size reference

IMG_0272_zpsae6056fa.jpg

Stand before the doors were hung

IMG_0329_zpsb87caca1.jpg

More to come later. :)

Soooo.... um.. Purple?

Technically it's Cherry Blossom. :P I wanted something different, and this fit the bill perfectly.

Yay dunky!

Puttin' my aptasia farm to shaaaame :P

lol :wub:

I'm excited about the dims, and extremely impressed with the workmanship on the tank. It's actually quite a bit bigger in person than I pictured in my head, and has been dubbed the "indoor pond" by the family.

BattleAthletics

The best part is that it doesnt have a dual overflow, overflow is just in the middle.

Badass color for the stand btw!

Got all the plumbing pieces to do my overflows and returns for in the tank today. Still need to either find a reasonably priced source for spaflex, or change my plans in order to figure out how to do the sump. The tentative plan is to gather up the rest of the stuff I need tomorrow, and possibly start putting it all together later in the week. I'm planning on spraypainting the pvc inside the overflow box so it will be much harder to notice, but considering I only have a 50gpd rodi it shouldn't delay me any.

Yay Stacey! Mail me a frenchie frag please. I have to have one. :wub:

They leave multiple "frags" in the yard every day, but I like you too much to send you one of those! lol

Got all the plumbing pieces to do my overflows and returns for in the tank today. Still need to either find a reasonably priced source for spaflex, or change my plans in order to figure out how to do the sump. The tentative plan is to gather up the rest of the stuff I need tomorrow, and possibly start putting it all together later in the week. I'm planning on spraypainting the pvc inside the overflow box so it will be much harder to notice, but considering I only have a 50gpd rodi it shouldn't delay me any.

They leave multiple "frags" in the yard every day, but I like you too much to send you one of those! lol

Lol I don't want one of those kindsa frags!

• 2 weeks later...

The contents of the 75g were transferred on Sunday. Not the best pic, but this is right after everything got moved over and running.

1427328c-e40b-4fb8-94fa-a0a481b55c46_zps

I also ordered more rock, because what I had wasn't enough. 20lbs of dry tonga came from BRS supply today. I'm not sure I'm happy with them for the price and the fact they didn't include the rubble I ordered.

2014-02-05152808_zps83bd5144.jpg

I decided to order a WP40 this week, and just finally got around to installing it. This thing really moves some water compared to my old koralias.

Also got an algae bloom this week, which means fish will start being introduced soon. Once I get the rest of the pieces for my screen top, I'm planning on assembling it and getting my shyest fish in first. All but 3 fish are currently done with qt and ready to go. :)

Finally got the screen top made, and added the first fish! I added a potter's angel, a lamark's angel, a female watanabei angel, a flame angel, a citron goby, a yellow clown goby, a royal gramma, a female solorensis wrasse, a starry blenny, and a two-barred rabbit fish. All of these fish have been in QT for quite a while. The gramma, blenny, rabbit, and flame were all in my 75g system before I decided to run an ich free system, then subsequently decided to go ahead and upgrade.

Hopefully I'll get some pics tomorrow once everyone is settled.

And yes, I realize that is a lot of fish to add at once. Since they is an upgrade from an aged setup and most of the fish are on the smaller side, I figured I'd roll with it.

Here's a teaser pic of the potter's from when I bought him off of Diver's Den.

lg-1119131-065_zps12fb64bc.jpg

I've had him since mid-November and he's a piggy. Eats pretty much everything I throw in the tank. I've heard bad things about them in the past, which is why I went with a Diver's Den one.

Archived