Pod Your Reef

SquishyFishy's BioCube Planet

SquishyFishy

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SquishyFishy

On my way in to Elegant Corals today.....not coming home empty handed either!!! Stay tunned!

SquishyFishy

Has anyone ever seen sexies eating the polyps on styllo before??? I handfeed these shrimp so they have plenty of food. But ever since the RBTA moved around to below the Styllo, the bottom stalks of it have been stripped of all the polyps! The 4 of them hang in the anemone but just today I noticed the largest one was on the stalk.

I had thought the styllo was bleaching so I lowered my white channel on the Nano Box. But the frag of it on the other side of the tank is thriving.

In this pic it looks like someone took a lawnmower to it:

styllo2-XL.jpg

Any thoughts??

SquishyFishy

I woke up this morning and all 4 sexies were on the Styllo

Guess I answered my own question....I'll just move it somewhere else and see they follow it!

Oh my gosh. That's crazy. Chances are though they'll go look for it if they liked the flavor. I was wondering if they bta stung it and then the sexies went in after it was damaged.

SquishyFishy

I guess that could've happened. I plan on moving it, but its such a hassle I'm putting it off! The rock it's on is barely balanced and it will be a big deal just to break it off there!

Annette I'm still looking for my rock flower....can't find one anywhere! I want a really supper colored one...if I'm gonna get one I may as well spend some bucks and get a good one.

SquishyFishy

Here is what my hammer looks like. He's really pissed! Has been like this for a month, won't puff out his hammers at all. He is in the bottom of the tank with lower flow and med. light.

Before- he's the green one with purple hammers here:

Full%2520Tank-X2%5B1%5D-XL.jpgand now: he kept being shadowed by the RBTA and was stinging the Duncan so I moved him down

tank%20001-XL.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
SquishyFishy

Wow wonderful day today, woke to the sound of the ATO alarm. Walked out to see that it had pumped almost 5 gals into my study closet and powder room (right behind the tank)

Whoopee had to spend all day cleaning out the mess. Todd went and bought a new backup surge protector and we totally rewired the entire set up. Looks great now. But no more risk of frying anything. All my plugs and wires go directly into the wall and closet, now a bit higher than the water level.

I have to hand it to Dave. His Nano-Box took a lickin and kept on tickin! It was sopping wet, we just knew it was toast. But we dried it off and replugged it, reset the Blue Fish and Voila...let there be light...have to go to his thread and let him know what a quality product he puts out!

Funny thing is, we had ordered vinyl plank flooring and were going to begin laying it next week.....rethought that. We'll just stick with the concrete floors. They are invincible. At least now, we know which way water will flow if anything happens again. :huh:

SquishyFishy

Here is my bounce shroom.

Bounce-XL.jpg

He is huge and happy...still having trouble with the Euphalias the spawns mouth is agape and some filamentous crap has issued and floated off. Something filmy coming from 2 of the Hammer heads as well, though the mouths are closed. I don't know if this is just poop or tissue, doesn't look brown more like tissue...worried about this.

Wish I knew what the heck was going on. There have been some flucuations with the salinity in the last couple days. Long story, another ATO problem but its back within the ranges again today. I'll just have to wait and see what happens with the Euphalias.

• 2 weeks later...
SquishyFishy

The hammer and spawn are hangin in. They still appear very annoyed but no dead tissue or gel of any kind. I've been feeding heavily. And WC every week. All other corals are thriving!

Hope your tanks are all fly......

Nice! I need to do that. Water change weekly. I just have so much on my plate right now but surely if I do that I'll make all my reef inhabitants stronger for a future move 4 mos down the line.

Here is my bounce shroom.

Bounce-XL.jpg

He is huge and happy...still having trouble with the Euphalias the spawns mouth is agape and some filamentous crap has issued and floated off. Something filmy coming from 2 of the Hammer heads as well, though the mouths are closed. I don't know if this is just poop or tissue, doesn't look brown more like tissue...worried about this.

Wish I knew what the heck was going on. There have been some flucuations with the salinity in the last couple days. Long story, another ATO problem but its back within the ranges again today. I'll just have to wait and see what happens with the Euphalias.

When did you get a bounce? :wub:

Very cool! What color is it?

SquishyFishy

Sorry Gena , been busy, going back to work.

Its a green bounce and I didn't even know it until recently. It kinda morphed into one. It had a baby too. He's doing well also. They both seem to love the environment...but today I'm sad cuz Tubby is takin a dive. He doesn't move has crawled down onto the rubble and is just sitting there moving his hairy thingies but too week to move. I have hand fed him for months every other day on Algae flake. But when I saw he was not appearing for the feeding 3 days ago, started checking params and the salt was very high. The ATO was working, don't know why it was high unless I got the jugs confused or there was salt residue in one. Anyways salt is OK now but don't think Tub will make it.

I wonder what the lifespan of an emerald crab is?

Sure hate to lose him, he's been the perfect gentleman and lived back of my Zoa colony and never even nipped at them. Always a comedian.....sigh

Sorry about Tub :(. I don't know what the lifespan is but if he was really big could have been the end of his natural life. Sounds like he was a great crab!

That's so awesome that you lucked into that bounce!!!!!! omgomgomg

I would love to have one of those in a green color like that!

Pinner Reef

Squishy! things are looking good! Sorry you had all those problems and have lost Tub.

I saw a ways back you were looking RFAs Kat has a hookup for like $25 plus shipping... Might talk to her about it.

Keep up the good work!

i hate losing crabs. Sorry to hear about your guy. They're just one of the cute little things that make you appreciate the diversity in sea life.

SquishyFishy

He was pretty big I guess, about 1 1/2''. I'm chalkin it down to end of life cuz the other hermits are just fine. Gonna get me anothern!

Thx guys/gals

• 4 weeks later...

Archived