ReefCleaners.org

Lani's 20L

Lalani

On 4/26/2017 at 10:55 PM, samnaz said:

Your tank was one of my biggest inspirations when I started up my 20L. Read this thread all the way through. Thanks for sharing it all.

Bummer that algae has taken over such a good looking tank. Hopefully you will bring it back to it's former glory, then post a bunch of pics here so we can see ;)

Omigosh :wub:

Its getting better!

On 4/27/2017 at 8:25 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Oh, awesome!  Glad to see it's still going.  Any way you can maybe use peroxide on the surface of some of the rocks?  Some people are using that on algae.  It is a total bummer when the algae takes over and you're looking at your tank like "Oh, look at this nice crop of hair algae...ugh!"  Kind of like my gardening attempts where I grew more weeds than food. :rolleyes:  I don't blame you for wanting to start over though, any way you can get some rock and stick it in a bucket to start cycling? :flower:

Also, a Lake Pontchartrain biotope would be super-cool!  I was down there for a wedding about a decade ago but all I got to do lake wise was drive across the patchworked bridge they put together after Katrina, on my way to and from the city to get beignets at the Cafe du Monde.  Yummmm!

Heyyy, yeah I've added some new rock and am gradually getting rid of the old. Its looking better!

On 10/4/2017 at 3:00 AM, BattleAthletics said:

Hello? Anyone home?

Echo echo echo

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Justind823 said:

Whoa whoa whoa... Cool it with the updates

Really though, is the tank still a thing?

Haha, yeah its still a thing! I'll attach a real quick cell phone shot... Its not great, but some things are still alive. I'm actually researching what would be a good LED fixture to put over this tank.

19 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

:happydance:

IMG_20171231_171330.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
5 hours ago, Lalani said:

Haha, yeah its still a thing! I'll attach a real quick cell phone shot... Its not great, but some things are still alive. I'm actually researching what would be a good LED fixture to put over this tank.

IMG_20171231_171330.jpg

So fuzzeh! :lol:  Cute clown, I have a little misbar too. :)

• 6 months later...

Sooooo, the time has finally come.

I'm going to sell the tank. I just don't have the time or money to put into it and I don't even look at it much anymore its so disheartening. Also, I am potentially getting a job that will put me on the road, travelling around the US, so a tank is out of the question. Once I settle down again, i might start another one, but until then......

Anybody want to buy my stuff??? 😮

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
18 hours ago, Lalani said:

Sooooo, the time has finally come.

I'm going to sell the tank. I just don't have the time or money to put into it and I don't even look at it much anymore its so disheartening. Also, I am potentially getting a job that will put me on the road, travelling around the US, so a tank is out of the question. Once I settle down again, i might start another one, but until then......

Anybody want to buy my stuff??? 😮

Sounds like me 🙂.  Good luck with the sale and the new job.  Sounds exciting for sure!!!!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2018 at 6:25 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Do you still have any of those awesome pink yumas?  I always wanted one back in the day!

If she doesn't, I know a few who still have them.

• Like 1
On 7/13/2018 at 10:53 AM, gena said:

Sounds like me 🙂.  Good luck with the sale and the new job.  Sounds exciting for sure!!!!

I don't, unfortunately. They faded away only recently 😥