Where do you shop online in the US?

Fiesta90150

Hi,

I'm looking for some cool online stores in the US. I will be coming baqck to chicago this summer and well i want to take this chance to take back stuff that i can't find here in France.

i only know of BRS, any other great stores for SW / reef equipment ?

So you want to buy corals here in the US and bring back with you to France? I think you might run into a problem going through customs with them FYI.

However good online places in the US: Saltyunderground.com, Liveaquaria.com, Vividaquariums.com are my top 3. Also you can always look on Craigslist for great deals from local reefers.

You a high roller? Looking for the best of the best for an outragous price??? Try reefraftusa or sexycorals haha! but reefgardener and aquascapers is good. Supplies wise, I think BRS, marinedepot, amazon, and salty supply work. Look at the sponsor list on here to find a whole bunch of great stores!

He's only looking for equipment guys. You can't bring animals across borders anyways without a permit. For equipment and supplies I recommend marine depot. You know there are a ton of really great European manufacturers that we don't have access to, but I imagine they are expensive which is why you are looking at American stores.

no not corals =) i would love too as you guys have a ton more choice and alot more places to buy them from but i was just thinking equipment.

High roller? no lol but the exchange rate between € and dollars is pretty good =D

checked something out this morning which was 279 $ in € its only 200.

Customs for the eauipment is not a problem. Just dont travel with the ticket you bought it with and also take it out of its original packaging. Done this alot, but never with aquatic material.

will check out all of your sites =)

first things first. Eggcrate lol, yep cant find it over here don't ask why :lol:

He's only looking for equipment guys. You can't bring animals across borders anyways without a permit. For equipment and supplies I recommend marine depot. You know there are a ton of really great European manufacturers that we don't have access to, but I imagine they are expensive which is why you are looking at American stores.

Price isnt the reason actually, its just that there are those tiny things that you wont find over here.

Egg crate and locline are just a few lol. you would think that it would be simple to find but unless you get on ebay and get charged a huge postage price you wont get it. Eggcrate? OMG impossible to find unless its online and its like 30€ for a 60*20cm peice!! without postage of course.

Frag plugs, frag racks... etc these things you can find, but don't have a vareity of choices thats what bothers me. + i like having different equipment from all the other aquarists =)

I think the hobby is more developped back in the US than over here.

BeardedReeferLLC

Just ordered from BRS but others would be SaltySupply, MarineDepot, AquaCave, DR.Fosters&Smith and some others.

is there a good dosing system out?

You can get one of those Marine Color Dosing Pump 3-head system for cheap. 100-140 per unit.

Archived