Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Arce's Tank

Arce

So I finished setting up my GFO reactor last night. But this morning I woke up to my tank being around 73 degrees. Some how my heater is broken, but luckily I got it from foster+smith so they sent out a replacement right away! Till then I have an old junk heater I use for mixing salt that ill throw in the system.

So I found an old camera, sat there for awhile playing with the settings and got some decent shots of some of my corals from my 10g holding/frag tank. I didn't touch these on Photoshop because I was too lazy.

It was late and the lights shut just before i decided to do this so some of the shots are with half closed polyps.

Armor of gods, this is a frag from my colony. Almost lost the entire colony for reasons unknown so i cut this piece off in hopes to save some. The colony is slowly coming back but i lost at least half of it.

37847017-f868-41f6-949a-edc7a4618516_zps

Nuclear Greens

2e33f87b-da3c-4767-a947-832e3bf21309_zps

Green Torch, since I turned the lights back on its not fully extended. Need to get another shot tomorrow.

c414bae3-f1b7-4243-8281-190f0f4c8096_zps

Some palys, don't know their common name. Love the yellow in them, and they grow like weeds.

3642b0be-ce03-4711-81d7-e31aea1575e1_zps

Bought these as Armageddons but looks just like a different morph.

06213295-3756-4f09-a961-0a03e234ca8c_zps

Purple Photosynthetic Gorg, couldn't get a good picture of it.

6da88281-8c8a-430f-b67c-0d794467e73d_zps

Thats all I took for now, not much else was fully extended since it was lights off. Ill grab some more tomorrow if I have time.

So yesterday I put a dose of Dr. Tim's "one and only" as well as a dose of Dr.Tim's ammonium chloride. The dose for ammonium chloride says it should produce a reading of 2ppm but I just tested and came up with 0ppm for ammonia as well as nitrites. I did a half dose again just to make sure that the bottle I got was legit and got around a 1ppm reading. I don't think its cycled but I didn't expect it to drop to 0 over night.

Also the tanks still very cloudy which is pissing me off. I got a sock on it and I just cleaned it out so I'm hoping that it will clear up.

Just read up on the Dr.Tims. So it says you shouldn't have a reading, obviously, due to the nitrifying bacteria, but im supposed to do another dose of the ammonium chloride a couple times to make sure its established. Ill probably give it some extra time before i consider adding a fish.

• 2 months later...

Haven't posted on here for awhile.

Tanks been up and running well, everything is doing great and have already had some great growth as well as new additions.

I updated the original post with a new FTS.

Ill have to upload more pics later.

Royal Gramma is still hiding, ill have to wait till tomorrow till it decides to venture out of its spot.

Ive really not been happy with my reefbreeders fixture. Ive gotten great growth and color seems to be good but im really thinking about getting a T5 fixture. I wanted to do a hybrid T5 led unit but moneys tight right now. Might get a 4 bulb 24" T5 and turn it hybrid in the future. Not sure what i want to do yet.

Man no love for my thread. :tears:

Gramma came out a bit today and ate, still hiding a lot so i couldn't really grab a pic.

Also rearranged some of my corals, ill have to take some new pics.

• Like 1

Thats a great aquascape on that 29. Those are pretty difficult to scape. Good job, following along!

Thanks!

Yea the short depth from front to back sucks, took me a bit to find a scape i liked.

No problem, any future plans with the tank?

As of right now money is tight so I'm just going to let it grow out, maybe get a few frags here and there. But one thing i think i might do is switch to T5s from LEDs if i can find a decently priced fixture.

Once the coral grows out this will be a good looking tank. Are you planning on going sps dominant?

Thanks!

I was planning on doing a mixed tank, but I've really been leaning towards sps dominant recently. Might throw in a few zoas/acans here and there as well.

• Like 1

Just got a bunch of freebies from a local reefer, mostly some more montis. I havent been happy with my coral placements so im probably going to completely redo my entire tank this weekend.

• Like 1