Top Shelf Aquatics

Arce's Tank

Arce

Still haven't gotten anywhere, these lawyers are taking their damn time trying to get this contract out. Going to call today to see where we are at with the house. Stressing the hell out over it, but once we get under contract ill feel better. 

Tank is a mess, still... My acans  are actually bailing out their polyps. Never seen an acan or heard of an acan doing this. went to do a w/c saw two blobs in the water column, fished them out and it was two of my acans heads. Oh well. Fish are happy, Clam seems ok, so for now that is all i care about. When i move the tank will be overhauled and all equipment inspected and a 100% water change. Might change the rock too since I'm sure it absorbs some of the metals and crap contaminating my tank. If that doesn't fix the problem then idk what will.

Good news is if we get this house I've already worked out where the fish tank/room will be. It will be pretty sweet but lets see what happens.

• Like 4
Just now, Christopher Marks said:

Best of luck!

Thanks.

I just called my lawyer... The sellers lawyer went in for surgery and hasn't been able to review yet. Like really, he had to do that now when I'm trying to do my contract. Lmao jk, but really...

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Sheesh, it's always something. If only anxiety had a pause button!

Haha, If only. Once were under contract ill be happy but this is dragging out.

38 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Sheesh, it's always something. If only anxiety had a pause button!

Haha, If only. Once were under contract ill be happy but this is dragging out.

Finally heard back from the sellers lawyer, looks like we finalized everything. Me and my fiance are signing today so hopefully the seller will sign by Monday and were locked in! Closing by April 14th :D

• Like 11
1 minute ago, Christopher Marks said:

Congratulations! Start exercising your hand now, signing and initialing all those documents is insane!

:lol: Haha yea im not looking forward to that

• Like 1

In tank related news... My acans completely bailed their polyps. I caught the majority of the rainbow/orange acan and put them in a floating container with hopes they attach to something. Never knew this was even possible, ive seen mushrooms/zoas/palys detach but never heard of an acan. Nitrate and phosphates are high, I'm assuming bacterial die off from the vibrant dosing, and dino die off. Going to start some nopox to see if it helps. I did a 10g water change tonight which is almost 50% so hopefully it puts a dent in it.

Dang, I've had acans die on me in every imaginable way but this is new :(

Lots of people have reported huge nutrient spikes from Vibrant, and some people think that's why there have been reports of algae/cyano blooms after using Vibrant.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, teenyreef said:

Dang, I've had acans die on me in every imaginable way but this is new :(

Lots of people have reported huge nutrient spikes from Vibrant, and some people think that's why there have been reports of algae/cyano blooms after using Vibrant.

Well they are all still alive and actually seem happy. A bit shrunken than usual obviously but still fluffy and color is there. They are just detached from their skeleton.

I haven't had had nay algae or cyano issues yet, which is surprising with nutrients this high.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Arce said:

In tank related news... My acans completely bailed their polyps. I caught the majority of the rainbow/orange acan and put them in a floating container with hopes they attach to something. Never knew this was even possible, ive seen mushrooms/zoas/palys detach but never heard of an acan. Nitrate and phosphates are high, I'm assuming bacterial die off from the vibrant dosing, and dino die off. Going to start some nopox to see if it helps. I did a 10g water change tonight which is almost 50% so hopefully it puts a dent in it.

Good luck. I've had 1 torch head bail out before. Super weird. I also caught it but it never attached to anything. 

• Like 1

Hmmm, after doing some googling it doesn't look promising. Look for "polyp bailout" or "acans detatched". I couldn't find any reports where they've recovered. Theories vary but boil down to "something stressed them". Common ideas are low magnesium, low alkalinity, or too much flow.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Hmmm, after doing some googling it doesn't look promising. Look for "polyp bailout" or "acans detatched". I couldn't find any reports where they've recovered. Theories vary but boil down to "something stressed them". Common ideas are low magnesium, low alkalinity, or too much flow.

Yep thats all i saw too. None of those three apply. mag/alk are stable (1350/8.5). As for flow i only run my mp10 and its at 70% which isnt blowing them away. Im thinking either the metals or nutrients caused stress and they just detached.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Yeah, that seems the most likely cause. The same "mystery thing" that messed everything else up :(

Yea. Well its obviously a contaiminant, based on the metals in the triton results. I just dont know where they came from. By moving i can rule out water since ill be 30 mins from my current home. Ill change my rodi filters to be sure it doesnt continue. Im going to do a 100% change after i get settled. Im going to inspect all equipment during the move to be sure nothing is broken. Also considering changing my rock out too. Ill see what happens.

• Like 1

Acans are doing ok in their container. I put some holes in a tupperware container and held it at water level against the glass with a magnet. They are actually moving around, which i think its pretty cool. There isn't any flow in the container so they didn't just float around. Right now they are all sitting on a flat piece piece i made out of emarco mortar that i used as a clam bed. If they attach ill cut it up and mount them on rocks for more room to grow out. Fingers crossed, but not getting my hopes up.

• Like 3