Innovative Marine Aquariums

Awpong's 50g Cube - Long Overdue Update

awpong

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Legendary Corals

Shrimp2.jpgCardinal-1.jpgSPS1-1.jpgMonti.jpgLeather-1.jpgFrogspawn-3.jpgTinyRBTA.jpgPictureMethod.jpg

Trying out the picture method again to see if my clowns will be hosted by the tiny little RBTA. I've done it twice in the past, each time with success, so I've got my fingers crossed that it'll work again.

LOL! That's pretty funny to see. I've only heard of this method.

LOL! That's pretty funny to see. I've only heard of this method.

It worked for me twice before, but this time with a little less luck. The clowns have started to swim near the anemone a lot more and hover right over it, but they still aren't swimming in it yet. Hopefully soon fingerscrossed

I think I managed to fix everything. Had to learn the apex code, but now I have it all set up. Just tested most of the things with my phone and it worked. Now I need to test the feeding and leak detection systems tomorrow.

Ya, you need to learn apex code and make sure the fallbacks are set to what you want them to be. It is really easy once you get the hang of it.

Those boxes are big! Can't wait to see pics!

Here are a few pics I took after I turned the lights back on.

It's actually really hard to get a nice picture of all of them together, so some of the pictures kinda suck. Oh well. I also apologize for some of the hazy photos; I haven't cleaned the glass in a few days.

There will be many many more pictures to come in the next few days.

13273901225_d00ca6512e_o.jpg13273900875_48e7eb274c_o.jpg13274043343_e65def7f5a_o.jpg13274045793_fea3c3f9cc_o.jpg13274041783_ccb20b31fa_o.jpg13273900355_4fb38b4415_o.jpg13273898825_48717e8112_o.jpg

I also got a little purple acro crab. I'm hoping that he might be able to protect this colony if the angels ever decide to start nipping.

13274046543_1d8227bea4_b.jpg

The boxes are as big as the tank!

What did you order? Two Great White Sharks? :lol:

Ya, you need to learn apex code and make sure the fallbacks are set to what you want them to be. It is really easy once you get the hang of it.

Those boxes are big! Can't wait to see pics!

Haha yea, big boxes :P

I ordered the larger angel from Diver's Den (Wisconsin), and the two smaller ones from the normal website (California). So I had to get two boxes.

They all look very healthy. Awesome that you got a little acro crab on the mille. I love those little guys.

Thanks. I'm hoping the crab works out! I had two of them in my 20L, but they both mysteriously disappeared after a few months. I never found out what happened to them.

hell yes, love seein em together.

Yeh I just made up my mind I need a trio of flame angels instead of trying the single multibar that I would probably kill due to inexperience with them.

so jelly of them.

B)

OK gonna say it again SEXY!

Yeh I just made up my mind I need a trio of flame angels instead of trying the single multibar that I would probably kill due to inexperience with them.

Do it!

So far everything is working out with these guys. The larger angel worked the two little ones into submission almost instantly, so he pays them little to no attention. The second largest angel follows him around which is pretty cool. Unfortunately she kinda picks on the third (the smallest) angel, but not too much. We'll see how things play out. (For those who don't know, Dwarf angels are the opposite of clowns; the largest is the male and the smaller fish are female)

I wouldn't be surprised if this trio started spawning within the month. From my research, they don't waist much time before they start :naughtydance: . I'm gonna keep an eye on them in the evenings. I think it'd be pretty cool to watch.

I just need to get them eating properly first. The larger two pick at the rocks constantly, but they haven't shown any interest in the nori sheets I left them. The largest one eats mysis and cyclopeeze, but I haven't witnessed the smaller two eating yet. I ordered some garlic additive and New Era Marine Grazer's of amazon, so we'll see how they react when I start using those.

Spiderguardnano

do it hey, the color of the flame angels trio will look insane with your scape

B)

Do it!

So far everything is working out with these guys. The larger angel worked the two little ones into submission almost instantly, so he pays them little to no attention. The second largest angel follows him around which is pretty cool. Unfortunately she kinda picks on the third (the smallest) angel, but not too much. We'll see how things play out. (For those who don't know, Dwarf angels are the opposite of clowns; the largest is the male and the smaller fish are female)

I wouldn't be surprised if this trio started spawning within the month. From my research, they don't waist much time before they start :naughtydance: . I'm gonna keep an eye on them in the evenings. I think it'd be pretty cool to watch.

I just need to get them eating properly first. The larger two pick at the rocks constantly, but they haven't shown any interest in the nori sheets I left them. The largest one eats mysis and cyclopeeze, but I haven't witnessed the smaller two eating yet. I ordered some garlic additive and New Era Marine Grazer's of amazon, so we'll see how they react when I start using those.

That sounds particularly promising as africans are known as crazy aggressive compared to other dwarfs. Gives me high hopes. Lookin forward to hear what foods work aswell I plan to stock up on lots of different kinds when i buy mine.

Archived