Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Awpong's 50g Cube - Long Overdue Update

awpong

so excited to see how this looks with the angels.

Me too!

Are you still thinking about an angel trio in your tank?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too!

Are you still thinking about an angel trio in your tank?

Yep, flame possibly. I am also considering a single multibar as it may get expensive finding a quality one that actually eats and doesn't die in a week. Id do a trio of them but it would probably end in bankruptcy according or what I have read.

Well I got back from spring break and everything was going well with the tank.

But I was just walking by my tank a few minutes ago, and realized that my blenny was no where to be found. He's jerky now :'(

I've thought about adding a lid, especially if I want to get a wrasse in the near future, but that kinda goes against the beauty of a rimless tank. *sigh* I don't know what to do.

Always get a lid. I have one on my rimless. It saves lives.

Angel trio? Interesting.

Always get a lid. I have one on my rimless. It saves lives.

Angel trio? Interesting.

Yea, I just don't know how to make a lid look attractive on a rimless tank.

And yea, I've been wanting to try an angel trio for a long time. My only worries right now are if they'll destroy my coral or not. :scarry:

Yea, I just don't know how to make a lid look attractive on a rimless tank.

They make little clips so you can have the screen drop into the tank a little. Honestly, it doesn't bother me that my screen sits on top of my tank though. It has saved fish over and over again, sometimes when I am sitting there.

And yea, I've been wanting to try an angel trio for a long time. My only worries right now are if they'll destroy my coral or not. :scarry:

Ya... it is possible. I hope it works out.

BattleAthletics

They make little clips so you can have the screen drop into the tank a little. Honestly, it doesn't bother me that my screen sits on top of my tank though. It has saved fish over and over again, sometimes when I am sitting there.

Ya... it is possible. I hope it works out.

Where can I obtain such clips?

Where can I obtain such clips?

ada makes them for their tanks to set in a glass top. Just little stainless boogers. Fabbing up a set would probably be pretty easy.

I think you could make your own pretty easily if you are DIY inclined. If now, you can search for "aquarium top support clip" in google and it will bring some up for 8 bucks on Amazon that might work for you.

I've got some of the clips already, they came with the tank. I just don't think they look very attractive.

Has anyone seen a lid that looks good on a rimless tank?

I'd love to add a wrasse or two to the tank once the angels are settled in, but the lack of a lid is what's holding me back.

I just use the BRS screen top, it goes on when I'm not home and sleeping and off when I'm home, no jumpers yet except when my Midas Blenny tried to attack me when I was feeding him a year ago.

I just use the BRS screen top, it goes on when I'm not home and sleeping and off when I'm home, no jumpers yet except when my Midas Blenny tried to attack me when I was feeding him a year ago.

lol, I couldn't help but laugh at the though of being smacked in the face by a blenny.

I found the clear plastic clips and loose glass panels to look ok, cuts down on evaporation but gets condensation like crazy.

Finding that my tank water smells almost like kitty litter. Have not had this happen before, usually a sweet salt water smell. The big difference I am doing this round is dosing Red Sea NO PO X.

BattleAthletics

Don't bite the hand that feeds.

Btw, following.

BattleAthletics

The lite right? Let me know how well that leal detection works ive been wanting one.

You already got a wireless adapter for the apex?

Well it turns out none of the outlets on the EB8 work.... What the hell. Has anyone heard of this happening before?

Did you turn the outlets on via the aqua controller??

Yea, I manually turned them all on. There is power going threw the EB8 itself, enough to power the head unit and add-ons, but none of the actual outlets are working.

ScreenShot2014-03-18at60744PM.png

Ignore the pH, the probe is coming in tomorrow.

yes.

And now I figured out how to turn on the EP8... sort of. I had to initialize everything... but now once something turns on... it doesn't turn off.... at least not on its own. Once I unplug it, and plug it back in, it stays off. But I can't turn anything off unless I unplug it.

I thought the Apex was supposed to be better than the RKL?

yes.

And now I figured out how to turn on the EP8... sort of. I had to initialize everything... but now once something turns on... it doesn't turn off.... at least not on its own. Once I unplug it, and plug it back in, it stays off. But I can't turn anything off unless I unplug it.

My jr was probably too easy to set up, I havn't updated my firmware in a while though so I am now afraid to.

yes.

It is way better! It's a bit confusing at first and there's a little learning curve to it. Once you get it everything is awesome. And fusion is awesome, I check on my tank when I'm not at home all the time. And sometimes mess with my fiancé and shut the light off to see if she's paying attention to the tank.

There was a little card in there with a link to watch some videos from mr.saltwatertanktv, watch them!

I think I managed to fix everything. Had to learn the apex code, but now I have it all set up. Just tested most of the things with my phone and it worked. Now I need to test the feeding and leak detection systems tomorrow.

It is way better! It's a bit confusing at first and there's a little learning curve to it. Once you get it everything is awesome. And fusion is awesome, I check on my tank when I'm not at home all the time. And sometimes mess with my fiancé and shut the light off to see if she's paying attention to the tank.

There was a little card in there with a link to watch some videos from mr.saltwatertanktv, watch them!

Archived