Top Shelf Aquatics

Awpong's 50g Cube - Long Overdue Update

awpong

light looks very sleek and unobtrusive, very nice.

Thanks. It was the final piece of my tank, and now that it's set up, I'm ready for some livestock!!! Unfortunately I haven't found a good LFS here in San Antonio. I spent 4 hours today driving to all of the local reef stores, but none of them had a great selection. And even then, they were all incredibly over priced or kinda sickly.

It looks like I'll be ordering my livestock online :scarry:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I don't really have any good LFS, I'm contemplating buying these guys

lg-0131141-137p.jpg

Although I may try and hold out until DD has another pair of Bangaii Cardinals available. It's just really hard for me to not add anything now that the tank is finally ready :(

ScreenShot2014-02-02at105138PM.png

Placed an order from Reefgardener.net :)

Hopefully DD will have some good fish for me this week so I can get some more life in this tank!

Absolutely love the scape! A really nice build so far. I'm starting to like those NanoBox fixtures more and more, I'm seriously considering selling up my AI Sol and seeing if Dave can build me a custom.

Absolutely love the scape! A really nice build so far. I'm starting to like those NanoBox fixtures more and more, I'm seriously considering selling up my AI Sol and seeing if Dave can build me a custom.

:) I don't have anything in the tank right now, so I can't attest to how well they grow coral, but they're definitely an attractive light fixture. That, and Dave is a great guy to work with.

man those are going to look great. awesome addition. can't wait to see them

Thanks! I'm considering buying my fish today off of diver's den too. They're going to have another black ice clown pair, AND a pair of bangaii cardinals.

If I can buy them today, I will!

ATO.jpg

I got a new container to replace the blue bucket as my ATO reservoir. I sprayed the inside with Krylon Fusion, so I'm hoping that'll make everything reef-safe. Any thoughts?

Also, going to be adding part of my CUC today. USPS tried to deliver the package earlier today, but I was in lecture. I'm going to drive to the post office to pick up the package in about an hour. So excited, the tank will finally have life!

Lastly, lights come in tomorrow :)

Check the plastic/recycling code on the bottom of the container if it has one. If it's 2, 5 or 7 you are golden even without the paint.

Great looking tank already. Cubes are under appreciated IMO. I went DIY with my fixture but the nanobox is so sleek that it will be my top choice down the road.

Check the plastic/recycling code on the bottom of the container if it has one. If it's 2, 5 or 7 you are golden even without the paint.

Great looking tank already. Cubes are under appreciated IMO. I went DIY with my fixture but the nanobox is so sleek that it will be my top choice down the road.

Thanks!

But the container is a "made in china" ceramic vase. Definitely no recycling code.

Thanks!

But the container is a "made in china" ceramic vase. Definitely no recycling code.

Ah, I assumed it was plastic for some reason.

Well if it's ceramic you are probably fine.

Well I just made a DD purchase. I'd like to show y'all my new fish :) They'll come in on Wednesday most likely.

ScreenShot2014-02-03at50730PM.pngScreenShot2014-02-03at50805PM.pngScreenShot2014-02-03at50740PM.png

Gorgeous! I love how the clowns are symmetrical on both sides. :)

I know I am supposed to be looking at the tank but all I can see is the nice sun and greenery outside.

You and me both, I'm ready for spring already lol

Nice tank and slightly jealous of your weather!

Nice clowns! Midas looks nice too but mine is a jerk sooo... feeling like a midas blenny hater atm. :P Wish I could flick mine in the nose!

Archived