Innovative Marine Aquariums

Awpong's 50g Cube - Long Overdue Update

awpong

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you have to update firmware for the Neptune Apex for Apex fusion or already updated?

My apex is fully updated, but I don't have fusion yet. You need to register to try out Apex fusion. It's still in beta, so it's not available to everyone.

I tried to sign up but it was full for the day. Guess we have to wait.

Still need to update firmware on mine, followed the directions but did not quite work. I am wondering is I need a hard connection to the controller.

Tank is really amazing! B)

Hey what do you order your corals from? Live aquaria Ik but what about other sites? :rolleyes:

I've only used reef-gardener and liveaquaria's Diver's Den so far. I've had great results with both and would recommend them.

I'm still on the look out for other sites that have a wide variety w/ reasonable prices.

With my 20L I never had to worry about buying coral online. I had such a great LFS that it never mattered. I wish that were true here too :'(

Finally managed to get a picture with everyone in it.

13317501985_0d9b526f1b_o.jpg

It also made me realize how empty the tank still looks.... so I made another purchase :eek: But hopefully after these arrive, I'll be done spending $$$ on the tank. I'll have to let everything grow out.

13317370334_85e4ebe018_o.png

Looking great in there! Angels eating?

The large one is eating great. He readily eats mysis, cyclopeeze, pellets, and constantly grazing on the rocks. He also has started to peck at the New Era Grazers food that I just got today, although he's still not eating it as much as I would like. But it's a start. Unfortunately he still doesn't show any interest in nori, even after it's been soaked in garlic.

The larger of the small ones will eat whatever floats near her, and she constantly grazes on the rocks. She has nipped at the New Era once or twice, but mainly eats the floating scraps.

However, the smallest one is still really timid and adjusting to the tank. She gets harassed by the other small one, so she pretty much has been stuck in a corner the entire time. She'll eat some food if it floats by, but she doesn't graze any of the rocks. I moved the New Era to the glass near her (as seen in the picture), and she pecked at it a few times, but I still want her to eat more.

But this is only day 2, so there is still lots of room for progress.

Man this filled up fast! Looks great!

Still planning on adding maybe 2 more fish. I'm thinking that once all of the angels are readily eating, I might try and train a mandarin. Then down the line, I may get a wrasse or some other active fish to cap off the tank.

Thoughts on your stand? May buy one for my new tank.

My tank stand? No, I don't recommend it. It serves it's purpose, but if you have the time, I would recommend building your own. It will be much higher quality and more functional.

My tank stand? No, I don't recommend it. It serves it's purpose, but if you have the time, I would recommend building your own. It will be much higher quality and more functional.

Is it the premium stand they make that's all plywood instead of Formica? If that's the case maybe ill just make mine again.

Is it the premium stand they make that's all plywood instead of Formica? If that's the case maybe ill just make mine again.

It's plywood coated with laquer. My main problem with the stand was the assembly. None of the "pre-drilled holes" were deep enough, and most of them weren't even in the right location (2-5 mm off target). That, and the provided connection pieces are fragile (I broke quite a few - but they provide a lot of extras). Finally, until all of the pieces of the stand are in place, it is quite flimsy and easily falls apart. I had to have my roommates hold the sides in place.

I performed a lot of stress tests before I felt comfortable enough placing the tank on the stand.

BattleAthletics

Your in SA now awpong?

Im about 2 hours from you.

Do you know Glennr sells coral on here? Hes CoralGardensAquaculture. Take a trip down here man.

Your in SA now awpong?

Im about 2 hours from you.

Do you know Glennr sells coral on here? Hes CoralGardensAquaculture. Take a trip down here man.

Haha yea, here for medical school.

I've seen his stuff on eBay. I've been keeping an eye out for anything that strikes my attention. Unfortunately he's got a lot of LPS, and with my angels, I don't want to risk any of that.

Finally managed to get a picture with everyone in it.

13317501985_0d9b526f1b_o.jpg

Amazing selection! Love the colors they bring to the tank man. Cannot wait to see this grow out and mature over time.

Archived