Innovative Marine Aquariums

Awpong's 50g Cube - Long Overdue Update

awpong

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhh! Green Planet acro. That looks like a winner.

I'm diggin' that Planet Acropora. ;)

Thanks :) I'm hoping it looks as nice in person. I've been very pleased with Diver's Den so far, so I have high expectations!

Oh damn! Someone has been on a shopping spree ;).

:P It's hard to resist when the tank still looks so empty haha

please tell me a little more about this tank? Your set up is great and made me fall in love with the tank.

Did you purchase this tank online? If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it?

Also what are the dims on the sump?

Thanks!

please tell me a little more about this tank? Your set up is great and made me fall in love with the tank.

Did you purchase this tank online? If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it?

Also what are the dims on the sump?

Thanks!

Just let me know what you want to know. I'm more than happy to answer any and all questions about the tank.

For starters, yes, I bought the tank from CAD Light online. It cost $1001.95 w/ shipping. The sump is 19.5" x 13" x 15"

----------- Now for the photo dump! Part 3 -----------

FTSFeb27.jpgUnsaturated.jpgotherSideTS.jpgRics.jpgSPS-2.jpg

I'll post pictures of the new additions tomorrow once they're fully open and happy.

Shrimp2.jpgCardinal-1.jpgSPS1-1.jpgMonti.jpgLeather-1.jpgFrogspawn-3.jpgTinyRBTA.jpgPictureMethod.jpg

Trying out the picture method again to see if my clowns will be hosted by the tiny little RBTA. I've done it twice in the past, each time with success, so I've got my fingers crossed that it'll work again.

Wow what a bag of goodies!

what snails you using?

Beautiful FTS hoping my tank looks somewhere as amazing!

I got my snails from John at reefcleaners.

I ordered dwarf ceriths, florida ceriths, and nassarius snails. I decided to opt out of the nerites because I didn't want them crawling out of my rimless tank.

Very nice! IMO if the RBTA is really small, especially compared to the clowns, don't try to make them host it as it could be too fragile.

Very nice! IMO if the RBTA is really small, especially compared to the clowns, don't try to make them host it as it could be too fragile.

Yea it's actually not that small. It's about 3.5" fully open. It's definitely large enough to tolerate the tough love of the clowns.

Had a Entacmaea quadricolor in my old tank, grew big and split about 8 times. Pain to get the clones out for trade.

Mostly had a palace it like to stay, but every once in a while would enjoy wandering.

Debating getting one for the new tank. Yours is a beautiful one.

Also my Euphyllia sps coral grew ridiculously big and started to take over my 34 gallon Red Sea Max. Similar placement as yours.

Silly question, why the breakdown of your old tank, really was a beauty?

Had a Entacmaea quadricolor in my old tank, grew big and split about 8 times. Pain to get the clones out for trade.

Mostly had a palace it like to stay, but every once in a while would enjoy wandering.

Debating getting one for the new tank. Yours is a beautiful one.

Also my Euphyllia sps coral grew ridiculously big and started to take over my 34 gallon Red Sea Max. Similar placement as yours.

Silly question, why the breakdown of your old tank, really was a beauty?

Thanks. I hope my RBTA gets larger, but I might try and limit it's growth and division by withholding supplemental feeding. I've got an isolated rock for it to chill on, but if it gets as big as the RBTAs in my old 40B, then that might become a problem o.O. Oh well, that's a problem for later :D .

I had to break it down because I moved from PA to TX. It would have been too much of a PITA to transport the tank that far.

Hey pong!

What are you dosing?

Nothing yet. Once the my SPS colonies start growing out a bit, I'll start checking my pH, Alk, Ca, and Mg and will start dosing accordingly, but at this point, my water changes are more than enough to account for the mineral and nutrient uptake.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got back from spring break and everything was going well with the tank.

But I was just walking by my tank a few minutes ago, and realized that my blenny was no where to be found. He's jerky now :'(

I've thought about adding a lid, especially if I want to get a wrasse in the near future, but that kinda goes against the beauty of a rimless tank. *sigh* I don't know what to do.

Because I was a little sad about losing my blenny, I decided to take the next step in the tank's progression.

_cfimg-1009186691472447172.PNG

I've got my trio coming in on wednesday. The big boy pictured above is 2-5/8" from Diver's Den. The other two are going to be between 1"-1.5" from the normal live aquaria site. I'm hoping everything will work out. fingerscrossed

Archived