inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's Fluval Spec V ~ Bye ~

ninjamyst

ninjamyst

Oh by the way did my post about centering the tide on the tank make since?

yup. I actually tried scraping off the plastic piece for the stock light but it wont budge and I didnt want to break the tank.

• Like 3

Yeah don't break the tank lol. I used a long razor blade, the kind in box cutters, kinda trapezoid shaped. You can get them at autopart stores. Just work it under the plastic little by little on each side. Might have to use a screwdriver to really push it in. You do have to press hard. That's what she said. You'll know you've hit the silicon once you here a kinda crunchy tearing sound lol. Good luck.

Reefkid88

Damn this tank looks so good man. I'm glad to see both making a come back dude !!!

How do you like your acans from SaltCritters ? I've really been contemplating when I make a online order to order a huge amount of them. Were they the same colors as pictured on the site and whatnot ?

• Like 1
ninjamyst

New FTS. Not as nice as the FTS before the crash. But gonna restock on rics sooooon. I am ready for a new fish now. I let this fallow for 8 weeks because I suspect my YCG died from ich. Should I get another YCG? another firefish? a clown fish? I am concerned about getting a timid fish because the cleaner shrimp in the tank is a savage when it comes to food.

14134444284_3ac2d08114_z.jpg

Damn this tank looks so good man. I'm glad to see both making a come back dude !!!

How do you like your acans from SaltCritters ? I've really been contemplating when I make a online order to order a huge amount of them. Were they the same colors as pictured on the site and whatnot ?

I really like the acans from Saltcritters but ONLY if you get the insanely bright ones. Saltcritters can be hit or miss if you get the wrong stuff. There's another member here who was disappointed with his order from Saltcritters. The pics on the site are taken either with mostly blues so they definitely look better. I usually set my expectation that the corals will look not as nice as the site.

Haha. That is! He did ask permission =P.

• Like 6
Reefkid88

Yeah that's was Jedi was saying. You cannot beat the rainbow and crazy colored ones for the price. I haven't seen as good as a selection anywhere online where they don't bend you over an give it to you lol.

I say either a pair or trio of neon gobies or maybe a platinum clown :D I saw a platinum the other day at the horrid Petland store for only $30,but my tank just got wet last night :(

• Like 1

Alright, alright, alright! I've been waiting for an FTS. Looks great man. Your kinda selling me on the clove polyps. What's that on the bottom left, GSP?

• Like 2
ninjamyst

Yeah that's was Jedi was saying. You cannot beat the rainbow and crazy colored ones for the price. I haven't seen as good as a selection anywhere online where they don't bend you over an give it to you lol.

I say either a pair or trio of neon gobies or maybe a platinum clown :D I saw a platinum the other day at the horrid Petland store for only $30,but my tank just got wet last night :(

$30 for a platinum is so cheap! But I would be worried about ich from Petland. I really want a clownfish or firefish but firefish are so shy and jumpers. Clownfish will get too big for this little tank.

Alright, alright, alright! I've been waiting for an FTS. Looks great man. Your kinda selling me on the clove polyps. What's that on the bottom left, GSP?

Yup, GSP. Trying to get it to grow up the backwall. Maybe have a GSP + clove garden.

• Like 1
Reefkid88

Yeah my thoughts exactly... I had to go there to get some more media bags and a hydrometer because I forgot to order calibration fluid for my refractometer like a idiot... Supposedly they had just gotten it in but I still don't know if I'd trust it. But yeah,cheap it is,compared to $75-$120 at other places hah.

Honestly,I think a clown would be fine. I'd just make sure I got the smallest one I could find and or reconfigure your scape to please it and give it some more room. Did you ever consider making a screen top for possible another fire fish ?

Glad to see your tank is still up and running! Though I gave my Spec V to a friend, this really makes me want to setup another (even after your crash). There is just something those nanoboxes add, it seems perfect for this tank!

If you want non-timid fish go for a small dottyback, neon dottyback perhaps? They are so lively and active, looks great in my friends 5 gallon. He swims everywhere and in and out of holes. Who am I kidding, I'm not a fish guy though, I wouldn't know what fish to get.

• Like 1
ninjamyst

Glad to see your tank is still up and running! Though I gave my Spec V to a friend, this really makes me want to setup another (even after your crash). There is just something those nanoboxes add, it seems perfect for this tank!

If you want non-timid fish go for a small dottyback, neon dottyback perhaps? They are so lively and active, looks great in my friends 5 gallon. He swims everywhere and in and out of holes. Who am I kidding, I'm not a fish guy though, I wouldn't know what fish to get.

I would LOVE a neon dottyback but I read they need 20+ gallons?

• Like 2

In a few years maybe. Buy a 1/2-1" long one and with algae (has critters, amphipods etc.) and a balanced diet, he will be perfectly happy and content until be is over 2", then sell him! These fish do need space when they grow, but lots of that has to do with foraging space, give him plenty of algae and rock to forage.

Or I guess you could just find a less risqué fish that fits....

• 2 weeks later...

My Ninjaaaa it's been a WEEEEK I need me some updates!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha jk's dude...

jk I'm not JK seriously. where'stheupdates?

FlowerMama

He's been on a vaca! He's been too busy w/ his beautiful wife doing snuba in breathtaking waters. Brother! Seriously, if you haven't already, see his pics on his other thread. They'll make you want to walk out there w/ him.

• Like 2
He's been on a vaca! He's been too busy w/ his beautiful wife doing snuba in breathtaking waters. Brother! Seriously, if you haven't already, see his pics on his other thread. They'll make you want to walk out there w/ him.

Haha I just cry from jealousy !! :P

• Like 1

My Ninjaaaa it's been a WEEEEK I need me some updates!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha jk's dude...

jk I'm not JK seriously. where'stheupdates?

Not much to update. Fighting a bit of bryopsis right now. Scrubbed my rock twice with H202 but it keeps coming back. Memorial day is coming up and a few vendors are having sales so probably gonna pick up a few things =). Looking to put 2-3 frogspawns / torches / hammers at the right hand side and move all the acans to the rock or to my 12 gallon. Also planning to throw away all the red macroalgae because they grow toooo fast.

• Like 2