SaltCritters.com

Ninja's Fluval Spec V ~ Bye ~

ninjamyst

wow that thing is really good looking. how much you win it for?

$30, which is just ok price for a green one. The picture on ebay showed it to be very neon green so I took a chance. It's not as bright green as the picture but I do like it.

This tank is awesome! I love the look and the lighting is fantastic.

I love firefish too - I was thinking of getting one for my tank instead of a YCG, but I thought firefish were too big for a pico?

• Like 1

This tank is awesome! I love the look and the lighting is fantastic.

I love firefish too - I was thinking of getting one for my tank instead of a YCG, but I thought firefish were too big for a pico?

I thought firefish was perfect for a pico cuz they are low bioload and dont require much swimming space. But given that one already died in this pico, maybe I am wrong...=(.

Ninja - where did you get the vida rock? I looked at that for my pico but it was either $$$$$$$ at AquaTecture and way too big, or out of stock at Aquarium Specialty.

I got it from AquaTecture because I needed exact measurement. I bought the tank back in Dec and had to wait 1 month for AquaTecture to get some pico rocks in. They dont get them that often and they sell out fast. It was $22.50 plus shipping for it. Pretty expensive for a piece of dry rock, but since I only needed one, it wasn't too bad. I also bought a Small VidaRock Barnacle but I dont have room for it in this tank.

I thought firefish was perfect for a pico cuz they are low bioload and dont require much swimming space. But given that one already died in this pico, maybe I am wrong...=(.

I got it from AquaTecture because I needed exact measurement. I bought the tank back in Dec and had to wait 1 month for AquaTecture to get some pico rocks in. They dont get them that often and they sell out fast. It was $22.50 plus shipping for it. Pretty expensive for a piece of dry rock, but since I only needed one, it wasn't too bad. I also bought a Small VidaRock Barnacle but I dont have room for it in this tank.

Cool. I was looking at one that was 36, plus shipping. About 4 lbs. Not too bad considering what you get out of it. I really like the bonsais, though. I may shoot for one of those in my next cube.

As for the firefish, I have no idea. Maybe it was just ill?

I think the min. recommendation for the FF is 10g. They get pretty long in size. I personally wouldn't put one in a pico. I ordered a purple FF a couple of years ago from DD for my NC12g. It was full grown and MUCH too large for the tank. She suffered for it. I think small tanks stress them out.

I think the min. recommendation for the FF is 10g. They get pretty long in size. I personally wouldn't put one in a pico. I ordered a purple FF a couple of years ago from DD for my NC12g. It was full grown and MUCH too large for the tank. She suffered for it. I think small tanks stress them out.

Makes sense. I'm still thinking a YCG or neon goby. I don't want to overdo it, but I want COLOR!!!

Gena, I think you are right. I read on another thread here that firefish will do ok in a 5 gallon and thought I can get away with it, especially since the tank dimension is rather long. But lack of hiding space (rock too open) may have stressed it out too much. Now that I have a rock anemone too, I wouldn't want a scared firefish to dart into that corner, straight into the nem. I think I will definitely just get a yellow clown goby or a neon blue goby. A LFS 40 mins from me also got 3 panda gobies in last week.

• Like 1

Gena, I think you are right. I read on another thread here that firefish will do ok in a 5 gallon and thought I can get away with it, especially since the tank dimension is rather long. But lack of hiding space (rock too open) may have stressed it out too much. Now that I have a rock anemone too, I wouldn't want a scared firefish to dart into that corner, straight into the nem. I think I will definitely just get a yellow clown goby or a neon blue goby. A LFS 40 mins from me also got 3 panda gobies in last week.

I still want a panda goby. I've never seen them in person.

Went to the LFS for an emerald crab. On the way out, I mentioned I was looking for a yellow clown goby. The guy said "we have one". I looked at ALL the tanks and even the little ones holding inverts and didn't see any YCG. Then he showed me the back chambers of the invert section and there was a small YCG there. I had to rescue her. Why would the LFS hide her there?! No wonder she been unsold for months. So far, she likes to perch at the top of the rock and in the red macroalgae.

12708812295_58675e0182_z.jpg

12708811965_3276a32bbc_z.jpg

• Like 7

aw. she's perfect. and she has the white spots under her eyes just like my karat does. I had to use some Garlic Extreme to get mine to eat because the six line and tailspot are quite fast at getting the food, as is the clown. She was getting too thin. Maybe she was back there so he could feed her better so she would get the food.

You'll find she perches here, there & everywhere after she gets over being timid. You've probably seen mine in the red dragon algae, on top of acans, zoas, and the duncan which I swear she thinks is a mattress. I'm glad she hasn't sat in my nems but all my fish have avoided those, they somehow must know not to do that.

• Like 2

What a cutie! She's perfect for that tank! A few months at the LFS? That's great! You know she is eating then :).

My LFS has some YCG in right now too. SOOOOO tempting. I may just get one LOL.

• Like 1

aw. she's perfect. and she has the white spots under her eyes just like my karat does. I had to use some Garlic Extreme to get mine to eat because the six line and tailspot are quite fast at getting the food, as is the clown. She was getting too thin. Maybe she was back there so he could feed her better so she would get the food.

You'll find she perches here, there & everywhere after she gets over being timid. You've probably seen mine in the red dragon algae, on top of acans, zoas, and the duncan which I swear she thinks is a mattress. I'm glad she hasn't sat in my nems but all my fish have avoided those, they somehow must know not to do that.

She's the only fish in this tank so hopefully she will fatten up soon. I got a baby duncan so maybe she will sleep on that too =P.

What a cutie! She's perfect for that tank! A few months at the LFS? That's great! You know she is eating then :).

My LFS has some YCG in right now too. SOOOOO tempting. I may just get one LOL.

Get one! I am really glad I got her. I want another one already, but I read they dont do well in groups. I wouldn't mind a citron one. LFS say they been feeding her Rod's Original but she looks kinda skinny to me.

Get one! I am really glad I got her. I want another one already, but I read they dont do well in groups. I wouldn't mind a citron one. LFS say they been feeding her Rod's Original but she looks kinda skinny to me.

I'm debating. I would like to put one in the 45g, but not sure if it would irritate the sps too much.

I'm debating. I would like to put one in the 45g, but not sure if it would irritate the sps too much.

My pocci didn't make it after the water issue I had and even when it was still showing a touch of green, I saw Karat nip at it so no go for me w/ sps in the 34.

• Like 1