Top Shelf Aquatics

Ninja's Fluval Spec V ~ Bye ~

ninjamyst

I've got a springer's damsel in mine since I had a massive red flatworm outbreak. I thought it was going to be ridiculously too-cramped but he just hovers in the middle and mulls around praying for another flatworm to materialize. He actually seems a much better fit than a clownfish.

So sorry about the firefish, I lost mine recently and I know how much it sucks :(. I am really enjoying my Cardinals that I added to my tank. I have three of them and they love to school and are active swimmers. They are also a little left field from what people would usually stock with which is why I like them :).

So sorry about the firefish, I lost mine recently and I know how much it sucks :(. I am really enjoying my Cardinals that I added to my tank. I have three of them and they love to school and are active swimmers. They are also a little left field from what people would usually stock with which is why I like them :).

Tanaka, cardinals, pixy hawk, tailspot blenny, watchman/pistol are all good choices for tank that size.

so Banggai Cardinals are ok? LiveAquaria say they need a 30 gallon tank, same as Royal Gramma.

I've got a springer's damsel in mine since I had a massive red flatworm outbreak. I thought it was going to be ridiculously too-cramped but he just hovers in the middle and mulls around praying for another flatworm to materialize. He actually seems a much better fit than a clownfish.

I have a springer in my 12 gallon for flatworms too =)

• Like 3

Hahaha you were at pmall? I live like 15mins away from it! Zorry to hear about your firefish. I would say a yasha goby cause im bias lol. But when he gets use to the tank he swimsd perches on the rock. But it will take him weeks to not be shy. Its better if there is a pistal.shrimp around I believe.

• Like 1

Hahaha you were at pmall? I live like 15mins away from it! Zorry to hear about your firefish. I would say a yasha goby cause im bias lol. But when he gets use to the tank he swimsd perches on the rock. But it will take him weeks to not be shy. Its better if there is a pistal.shrimp around I believe.

My cousin lives 5 mins away from Pac Mall =P.

Some pics of the frags I moved over. They actually are doing better in this tank than my 12 gallons.

I think these are reverse space monsters. They look like some spilled gold paint on them =P

12509693303_5898ecd6fb_z.jpg

I never see the arms on this acan in my other tank. It really likes it here.

12509693553_7ba2d4a884_z.jpg

Beginning of my ric garden. They like the lower light and lower flow here.

12510038694_6df3175968_z.jpg

• Like 6

Man...I really need some rics. Anyone propagate them? or have a source for them?

My LFS gets them on occasion. Most of the ones I have I bought from a guy here on the forums about a year ago. Just check the classifieds and they might pop up on occasion.

Sooo...firefish died after 4 days. No idea why. *sigh*. I love firefish but just dont have luck with them. Looking for stocking options. Here's list of fish I want to get but can't:

Six-line - tank too small

Royal Gramma - tank too small

Clownfish - already have one in my other tank

What other options do I have? I want a fish that swims around a lot or remain in open water. I like the yellow clown goby, but they don't swim around that much.

Dwarf dartfish (Low survival rate, somewhat difficult to keep)

Most small perching or shrimp gobies, combtooth blennies would be good.

Most perching gobies IME stay in sight and like to dart out into the water column.

Man...I really need some rics. Anyone propagate them? or have a source for them?

I am tempted to buy the $109 shipped for 12 ricordeas pack on ebay but they ship from Puerto Rico? I may wait till weather gets warmer and give that a shot.

Most perching gobies IME stay in sight and like to dart out into the water column.

hmmm...if that's the case, the yellow clown goby sounds pretty good. I may even add a neon blue goby too since both are such small bioload.

• Like 1

I am tempted to buy the $109 shipped for 12 ricordeas pack on ebay but they ship from Puerto Rico? I may wait till weather gets warmer and give that a shot.

Those were the ones I got for my pico. Not the best color out there, but not bad at all for the price. I ordered the 12 and probably got more like 15 or 16 as well.

New green rock anemone has settled in nicely in the corner of the tank. Bigger than I expected so I dont want to attach it to the main rock or leave it out in the open. Can't wait to get some anemone shrimps to host it.

I am going to try another firefish next week. I can't resist how awesome they look.

12575649255_88af0d7987_z.jpg

• Like 3