Pod Your Reef

Ninja's Fluval Spec V ~ Bye ~

ninjamyst

FlamingPrawn

Hey Ninja if your LFS has a Hagen account they can get it too, that's how I had to get my Evo 12. Getting salinity and temp right now and then sand and the rock goes in :) Only complaint I have is the light. Yeah its cool but it seems to run EXTREMELY hot. As you saw i'll be holding onto my Tide just in case. Still not sure about this return pump either. I think a Sicce would fit but I'm trying to give the stock items a chance since it is being marketed as a "Reef tank solution"

• Like 1

Hey Ninja if your LFS has a Hagen account they can get it too, that's how I had to get my Evo 12. Getting salinity and temp right now and then sand and the rock goes in :) Only complaint I have is the light. Yeah its cool but it seems to run EXTREMELY hot. As you saw i'll be holding onto my Tide just in case. Still not sure about this return pump either. I think a Sicce would fit but I'm trying to give the stock items a chance since it is being marketed as a "Reef tank solution"

I will most likely not use the light because it gets hot here in the summer and I want the open top for evaporation and cooling. Went to LFS today and they had one!!! But it was broken. Blah. They will get new ones next week so I will pick it up then. LFS said no discount due to MAP pricing. I didn't know Fluval has MAP pricing...he's probably just bsing me.

• Like 1
FlamingPrawn

I will most likely not use the light because it gets hot here in the summer and I want the open top for evaporation and cooling. Went to LFS today and they had one!!! But it was broken. Blah. They will get new ones next week so I will pick it up then. LFS said no discount due to MAP pricing. I didn't know Fluval has MAP pricing...he's probably just bsing me.

I finally have my filled and at the cycling point. I agree I may end up using my Mini tide still...

• Like 1

Just read through your whole thread, so excited to see your evo!

Thanks! My LFS got one in but they wanted $210 for it. NO WAY. Suppose to retail for less. I am gonna wait for DrFosterAndSmith or MarineDepot to stock it. I did see the tank in person and it's narrower than I wanted and the black mesh thing at the top of the tank is ugly. But I will still probably get one.

• Like 1
reeferbrownies

Lol I'm in china on vacation and I visited the fish market there, everything is dirt cheap. I bought a 5.5 gallon AIO for $15 that I'm planning to turn it into a dwarf seahorse/display refugium pico. Makes everything look so expensive in America.

Have you though about going with an ADA or Mr aqua tank? That mame would just blend in so well!

• Like 1

Lol I'm in china on vacation and I visited the fish market there, everything is dirt cheap. I bought a 5.5 gallon AIO for $15 that I'm planning to turn it into a dwarf seahorse/display refugium pico. Makes everything look so expensive in America.

Have you though about going with an ADA or Mr aqua tank? That mame would just blend in so well!

I need an AIO =(. $210 can probably buy A LOT in China.

Spiderguardnano

I need an AIO =(. $210 can probably buy A LOT in China.

What's up ninja I just got a mr aqua 17g and got a simple aio made total cost was like $85

• Like 1
Spiderguardnano

who made the AIO????

This guy from reef2reef

I'll get some pics it's also a peninsula style I made it a nice size in the back so it can fit a sicce 1.0 and a skimmer if needed I think it comes out to like 15g or something like that

• Like 1

Ok you can now come over and clean mine, having trouble reaching in the back left side!

I couldn't get to the back glass in this tank either cuz the rock is too big and almost touching the glass. Still looking to upgrade to the Fluval Evo 12 soon!

It's looking great as always! I fall in love with that little arch every time I see it. Thanks for posting an update :happy:

very nice!

I love the color on those rhodactis tucked under the arch.

FTS looks great my friend :).

Thanks!! When the maxi mini is fully expanded, the rhodactis don't get much light, hence they are reaching. Will be solved when I upgrade to a bigger tank =P.

• Like 1

Looks great!! Do you get salt creep on the silver frame too? I'm trying to figure out if it leaks through or what.... I can't figure out where it is coming from. I get some build up... hmm..

Tank is surprisely clear after water change. Maybe because I finally cleaned the glass =P.

28550897480_cebc8f8823_z.jpg

28758847701_f4096df47b_z.jpg

Wow, this looks so great (as usual). I always love the one little clown that adds such a splash of color. What settings were you running on your Nanobox when you took the FTS? I know you do a white balance adjustment but I'm just wondering what it started with.

• Like 1