14134444284_3ac2d08114_z.jpg

1.5 months

12708811965_3276a32bbc_z.jpg

After Cycling

11863507916_7d64b1671f_z.jpg

Photo Gallery

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40199713@N03/sets/72157639604001184/

Background:

I started my 12 gallon Pico S III 6 months ago, and I said at that time I wont be one of those crazy addict with multiple tanks. Oh how wrong I was. This hobby got me, and it got me good. I am constrained by the size of my condo so I can only get a pico. I saw Gena's amazing 3g rock anemone tank, and I couldn't resist starting a new pico tank. Then I saw someone's Fluval Spec V build, and I knew this is the tank for me. The tank sits on my kitchen raised counter top and I LOVE the 320 degree view.

I waited a month for the Arch Vidarock, and it's totally worth it. I love the simplicity with Vidarocks. It barely fits in the tank because of how slim the tank is.

I love the NanoBox Duo on my PicO so much that I just had to get another NanoBox again. The NanoBox Tide is just as awesome as the Duo. I do notice the color spectrum being a little different between the two. The Tide has more of a purple tint to it. Both look amazing. My condo from the outside looks like an alien ship.

Filtration:

Arch Vidarocks
Caribsea Arag-Alive Reef Sand
Filter pad
Purigen
Chemi-pure Elite
Instant Ocean Reef Crystals

Equipments:

Fluval Spec V 5 gallons
Nanobox Tide Full Spectrum Awesomeness

InTank Media Basket

Marineland 606 pump
Mikro Omega 3 Stage Portable RO/DI System

Stocking Plan:

Mostly LPS, zoas, rics with a dash of monti cap. Still need to decide on a fish. Any suggestions??? May just default to a clown...

• Like 17

The cerameco looks great. Also, can't even tell the light isn't centered unless you look at it from the end.

I might off center the rock a bit to break the symmetrical look, but that's just a personal preference.

I went fishless with mine which is very nice as far as water changes go. I do miss fish in this one, but I also really like doing 6 water changes per year.

The cerameco looks great. Also, can't even tell the light isn't centered unless you look at it from the end.

I might off center the rock a bit to break the symmetrical look, but that's just a personal preference.

I went fishless with mine which is very nice as far as water changes go. I do miss fish in this one, but I also really like doing 6 water changes per year.

I did offcenter the rock to the left already. But I guess it depends where the center really is. Is it center of the display area or center of the display + back chamber? Heh. Right now it's off centered if we count display only, but centered if we count display + back chamber. Maybe I should move it to the left even more =P.

Sweet little tank!

Get gobies! There are so many little ones to choose from. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a panda goby for my 3g. That and the masked goby.

• Like 1

Sweet little tank!

Get gobies! There are so many little ones to choose from. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a panda goby for my 3g. That and the masked goby.

I am thinking maybe clown goby since I wont have much SPS in this tank. Can you put more than 1 goby in 5 gallon??

I am thinking maybe clown goby since I wont have much SPS in this tank. Can you put more than 1 goby in 5 gallon??

I'm putting more than one in a 3g :D.

I saw that build thread too. He's much handier than I am. haha.

Dude, this is a thread for ALL Fluval Spec Builds. Join the club!

I'm putting more than one in a 3g :D.

Well, we all know YOU can probably put 20 in a 3g and they will thrive and have babies =P.

• Like 1

Well, we all know YOU can probably put 20 in a 3g and they will thrive and have babies =P.

:lol:

That would be something.

I bet you could easily do 3 small gobies in a 5g.

• Like 1

I love those too but read they need colder water. They are so colorful for a goby.

Eh, you could get away with it.

Dude, this is a thread for ALL Fluval Spec Builds. Join the club!

You linked me to Fluval Spec Zoa Garden Build Thread =P

Eh, you could get away with it.

cool, will look into that more

Something about this tank I love. I think I need to start a new one....

-Dave

• Like 1

If this is anything like your other tank it will be awesome ;).

• Like 1

This is looking super sexyyy :):)

I really like this size tank and how the red/white NanoBox match the colors of the tank.

• Like 1

ammonia - 0

nitrite - 0

nitrate - 10

hmmm.....can my tank be cycled already?? The tank been wet for 3 weeks already with sand, 2 LR rubble, and macroalgae. I been dosing ammonia every week. I added the main Arch Vidarock 2 days ago. I will probably wait another week and then add 3 polyps of zoa.

Looks good to me. Corals would be fine but keep an eye on it whenever you add a fish or something that would produce waste but I think you're fine as is.

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions