Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

First Product Photos!

SpencerShepard

llama roadkill
I haven't dealt with those fixtures before, but I've checked them out online. Since they don't provide a control input, it's not easily compatible. I'd have to see the guts to determine if it's possible or how difficult it would be. Are you willing to take it apart and send me some pics? I'll see if I can get in touch with those guys and see if they can provide us some info.

Maybe, I haven't even used it yet, so I'm worried about taking it apart already! :lol:

SpencerShepard

I heard back from Logan at ReefBreeders. It sounds like the drivers they're using aren't controllable, but there may be a solution in the somewhat near future that would enable dimming with our controller.

llama roadkill
I heard back from Logan at ReefBreeders. It sounds like the drivers they're using aren't controllable, but there may be a solution in the somewhat near future that would enable dimming with our controller.

Dang.

Thanks for checking, though. :)

SpencerShepard

Any info on beta testing? Like when we would hear back or how its going to work? Just submitted my application.

Thanks for the application. All applicants will be responded to within the next week. Accepted applicants will receive details on the structure of the program.

SpencerShepard

Screenshot_2014-01-13-12-54-26_zps61cf65

This is the Scenes menu, where auxiliary light modes live. :)

Every mode that is not normal day-to-day operation, is on a user definable timer. So if you accidentally leave the light in Free Mode (manual channel adjustment), you won't run the risk of your lights remaining on for an indeterminate amount of time. This has happened to us with other lighting products we've used and we wanted an built-in safety for Bluefish.

Screenshot_2014-01-13-12-54-26_zps61cf65

This is the Scenes menu, where auxiliary light modes live. :)

Every mode that is not normal day-to-day operation, is on a user definable timer. So if you accidentally leave the light in Free Mode (manual channel adjustment), you won't run the risk of your lights remaining on for an indeterminate amount of time. This has happened to us with other lighting products we've used and we wanted an built-in safety for Bluefish.

Photo Mode? Is that a user set lighting % to make it easy to shoot?

I heard back from Logan at ReefBreeders. It sounds like the drivers they're using aren't controllable, but there may be a solution in the somewhat near future that would enable dimming bwith our controller.

I know very little about diy led fixture.

But if the RB value fixture comes with potentiometers, wouldn't that make the driver dimmable?

I have the s026 Arctic ocean revive. I'm also interested in the your controller.

SpencerShepard

Photo Mode? Is that a user set lighting % to make it easy to shoot?

Yep you got it!

I know very little about diy led fixture. But if the RB value fixture comes with potentiometers, wouldn't that make the driver dimmable? I have the s026 Arctic ocean revive. I'm also interested in the your controller.

You're right that the fixture is dimmable. However--and I don't know the details other than what I was told--they're using resistive dimming, and is not compatible with typical dimming signals (0-10V, PWM). An adapter to convert a 0-10V or PWM signal to a resistance value would certainly be possible, and that's what we're hoping to see.

SpencerShepard

Screenshot_2014-01-13-12-54-14_zpscb6d6c

Storms occur naturally when your simulated location reports a thunderstorm. When you start a storm from the scenes menu manually, you get lighting strikes synchronized to audio of a real thunderstorm.

SpencerShepard

Now I need a wireless speaker. Never thought I'd be getting one of those for my tank, lol. Can't wait

Heh. Shouldn't be too hard to find right now. I was in The Source (Canadian equivalent of RadioShack) the other day, and I noticed they had quite a few Bluetooth speakers....so many I had to count them. Twenty-six. They had twenty-six different Bluetooth speakers....

SpencerShepard

What type of camera do you hav eto use? just a normal webcam or you have to use a IP camera?

It should be an IP camera. I'm using a $50 D-link camera I bought at Staples. Here's the cam settings in the app:

Screenshot_2014-01-13-12-55-01_zps4d9d44

Archived