Innovative Marine Aquariums

Keydiver's Psychedelic Pico 2s

keydiver

So this thread is long overdue. I started this tank back in September and things have been running smoothly so far. My focus here is uncommon and rarity mushrooms. Over the next few weeks, I'll be moving most of the zoanthids out, aside from a select few to open up more space for mushrooms. I apologize in advanced for the poor photo quality, I'm using my Iphone.

Tank:

Pico-Aquariums 2 shallow series

Lighting:

Par 38 dimmable full spectrum bulb

Filtration:

Chemipure elite, filter floss, and cheato

Fish:

Swalesi Basslet

Coral:

WWC Bounce Mushroom

ASD Predator Blood Shroom (Uranium Bounce)

ASD hot lava mushroom

2x ASD Aquamarine mushroom

ASD Red St. Thomas mushroom

ASD Toxic mushroom

SC nuclear sunset mushroom

Gonzos Golden Dragon Mushroom

Gonzos Blue Moon Mushroom

Gonzos Watermelon Mushroom

2x crazy orange discosoma (Green stripes coming in like jawreakers)

True Jawbreaker mushroom

2x bright red and purple discosoma carlgeni

various rainbow ricordea

Lava lamp mushroom

rastas

Sunny D

bicolor hammer coral

GSP

Inverts:

Tiger pistol shrimp

ultra rock flower anemone x6

rainbow BTA

Future Stocking plans:

Losing a lot of the zoas (Excluding promethians, My clementines, rastas, and tyree orange rainbows)

MORE SHROOMIES

FTS 1/5/2014

IMG_1756_zpsbe6b62e9.jpg

Overhead

IMG_1748_zps7107eaea.jpg

Left rockwork

IMG_1753_zpsbd0cbf9b.jpg

Right rockwork

IMG_1752_zps16b3901a.jpg

True jawbreaker (Reds are coming in but hard to see with an Iphone)

IMG_1750_zps5d676c97.jpg

LavaLamp shroom

IMG_1749_zps9f159415.jpg

PZ Promethians

IMG_1754_zpsaf3e4bdc.jpg

Tyree orange rainbows

IMG_1747_zps9d0293fb.jpg

Rainbow Rhodactis plus clown goby

IMG_1746_zpse3c5e7ad.jpg

Rainbow BTA

IMG_1744_zps3fb8cc5e.jpg

Crazy mushroom (See the green stripes?)

IMG_1742_zps23b17e5e.jpg

Another

IMG_1740_zpsb6fe8b98.jpg

Ultra rock Flower

IMG_1739_zpsebabd8c3.jpg

Platinum Clown (Soon to be booted)

IMG_1738_zps132d0d7c.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have much experience with basslets, although from my research I understand they're very cryptic, and shouldn't mind a smaller tank due to their behavior of staying in one small area. Any input here would be great. If the basslet doesn't work out, i'm trying to locate a pair of gumdrop coral crouchers

drunkenmonk21

Looking good, I'm thinking of setting up a pico myself. What are the dimensions on that tank? That clown looks like he has a pissed off expression on his face lol.

Looking good, I'm thinking of setting up a pico myself. What are the dimensions on that tank? That clown looks like he has a pissed off expression on his face lol.

You should definitely do it josh, they are majorly awesome tanks. This one is 15x15x9. The clown is a bully

Cool nem!

Thanks a lot!

Just picked up an awesome swalesi basslet that my boss special ordered for me. The mean miss clownfish is gone. I'll get a picture of him later on right now he's adjusting to his new home.

The swalesi is starting to warm up. He's coming out of the back more often and seems to be checking out the whole tank. I still haven't seen him eat but from what I understand they love pods so he is probably munching on those

drunkenmonk21

Thats a nice looking fish Tim, is that a rock flower nem? How are there temperment. Does it sting everything or is it more like a bta?

Im setting up 3 tanks tomorrow lol, I have a 2g I might also set up as well, but I feel like its so damn small. Maybe I'll set up the 5g instead. IDK

How many rics you plan on shoving in that thing? lol

Thats a nice looking fish Tim, is that a rock flower nem? How are there temperment. Does it sting everything or is it more like a bta?

Im setting up 3 tanks tomorrow lol, I have a 2g I might also set up as well, but I feel like its so damn small. Maybe I'll set up the 5g instead. IDK

How many rics you plan on shoving in that thing? lol

Thanks man! He's very shy, hopefully he warms up more than he has already/ The rock flowers aren't very aggressive and they actually tend to stay put. It will eat small fish but i guess the same goes for most anemones. As for the rics, i'm done cramming them onto that left rockwork. Gotta leave some space for all the new goodies coming in next week :)

What size was that orange mushroom when you got it? Just curious because i have a (similar)baby one and am curious how long it will take to grow to that size.

What size was that orange mushroom when you got it? Just curious because i have a (similar)baby one and am curious how long it will take to grow to that size.

It was fairly large when I got it, but the person I got it from told me that he had it for 4 years to get that size. And apparently it wouldn't pop off babies so he ended up cutting the original to make babies

Majorly stoked for my shipments this week, here's what coming:

WWC bounce mushroom

SC nuclear sunset mushroom

CB flamethrower mushroom

ASD rainbow shrooms

ASD ultra red st. thomas

ASD flamethrower shrooms (looks nothing like the CB)

ASD predator blood mushroom

and my ASD rainbow wellso

CB Flamethrower Mushroom

http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/keydier/media/IMG_1828_zps76ab1cc2.jpg.html'>IMG_1828_zps76ab1cc2.jpg

Randy ASD mushy

http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/keydier/media/IMG_1829_zps6888f428.jpg.html'>IMG_1829_zps6888f428.jpg

And my new guys!!!! Ruby Red Scooter Blenny pair- they're very small around 1" each. Already accepting frozen enriched brine. I know it's controversial keeping them in a tank this size but I'm convinced with adequate feedings (2x mysis/cyclopeeze/enriched frozen brine per day) They will be more than happy.

http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/keydier/media/IMG_1835_zpsf3b77597.jpg.html'>IMG_1835_zpsf3b77597.jpg

Rock Flower Anemone Spawning Event- must be doing something right

http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/keydier/media/IMG_1843_zpse18bf669.jpg.html'>IMG_1843_zpse18bf669.jpg

http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/keydier/media/IMG_1840_zps2be7d6a8.jpg.html'>IMG_1840_zps2be7d6a8.jpg

Sweet mushroom collection you got there, I'm jealous of your yellow ric.

Thanks man! It's one of the only yellow rics I've come across

I prefer to keep dragonets in a smaller tank, so much easier to feed them. Those rubies are amazing, probably the best colored ones out of all the dragonets. If i had your tank Id be very happy, awesome selection of corals and fish. I'm going to look into picO aquariums as soon as they list some stuff. How many gallons does your tank hold? How do you clean the false wall, is it textured?

CB Flamethrower Mushroom

IMG_1828_zps76ab1cc2.jpg

Randy ASD mushy

IMG_1829_zps6888f428.jpg

And my new guys!!!! Ruby Red Scooter Blenny pair- they're very small around 1" each. Already accepting frozen enriched brine. I know it's controversial keeping them in a tank this size but I'm convinced with adequate feedings (2x mysis/cyclopeeze/enriched frozen brine per day) They will be more than happy.

IMG_1835_zpsf3b77597.jpg

Rock Flower Anemone Spawning Event- must be doing something right

IMG_1843_zpse18bf669.jpg

IMG_1840_zps2be7d6a8.jpg

How often does it spawn? Reason I ask is I had one in my Evolve 8 and moved it to my 34. In 3 mos I will have had it a year and never saw it spawn. I also have 5 more in the 34 and next week I'm anticipating a few more. They're all among 2 rocks. I've only heard to feed them and they'll spawn. Do you know the frequency?

Great looking tank man! I love all the Rhodactis especially the Rainbow! What kind of maintenance schedule are you using? Dosing? Also the iPhone is taking great shots! Don't be sorry :) The Macro's aren't amazing but they are good enough.

Archived