Pod Your Reef

Bluefish LED Controller: News Thread

SpencerShepard

SpencerShepard

So SpencerShepard once y'all come out with the MAxspect Razor add on all I will need is the phone app to control it correct?

Correct.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hey Blue fish! This looks like a great product, a couple of questions.

1. is the power bar available? If not with the current model be compatible?

2. Does this work with the Onyx by RapidLED? (mine has the default dilemma drivers, not the mean wells. I do have a manual dimmer that connects in which I have to manually twist the knobs to dim) I can email you a pic of my drivers if needed.

3. can you send me an email for pricing quotes I'd like to go ahead an buy one. My email is my username + gmail.com.

jedimasterben

Hey Blue fish! This looks like a great product, a couple of questions.

1. is the power bar available? If not with the current model be compatible?

2. Does this work with the Onyx by RapidLED? (mine has the default dilemma drivers, not the mean wells. I do have a manual dimmer that connects in which I have to manually twist the knobs to dim) I can email you a pic of my drivers if needed.

3. can you send me an email for pricing quotes I'd like to go ahead an buy one. My email is my username + gmail.com.

1) Not yet, and yes.

2) If the drivers are 0-10v analog, then yes, if they are resistance only, no.

3) Bluefish is $200, Mini is $100 from them directly and from their retailers (LEDgroupbuy, Steve's LEDs, RapidLED, etc).

• 2 weeks later...

About the upcoming sensor node. Not so much release date, more like planned features or how they will integrate it into the app.

Edit: I am new to th e hobby and still in the planning phase. I came to the conclusion that a lighting controller is a must, and bluefish is the best there is from my point of view.

First I decided that I don't need full controller. after that I thought about DIY and getting into the arduino hobby. then I came to the conclusion that all I want is continuous temperature monitoring, and maybe an extra probe for ph or orp.

alternative would be reef angel, but I first wanna see what they come up with. so, really exited for this.

• Like 2

About the upcoming sensor node. Not so much release date, more like planned features or how they will integrate it into the app.

Edit: I am new to th e hobby and still in the planning phase. I came to the conclusion that a lighting controller is a must, and bluefish is the best there is from my point of view.

First I decided that I don't need full controller. after that I thought about DIY and getting into the arduino hobby. then I came to the conclusion that all I want is continuous temperature monitoring, and maybe an extra probe for ph or orp.

alternative would be reef angel, but I first wanna see what they come up with. so, really exited for this.

Ah ok, ya same here!

smeagol108

Is there a manual out there for how this things works and setup? I just ordered my nanobox duo, and would like to start my research/learning on this thing in advance of receiving. Definitely want to understand all these different modes, and simulatons of world locations I see in the bottom of everyone's postings here.

• Like 1
smeagol108

Awesome info. Thanks guys!! I will read through it all and than most likely contact this expert Ben I see always posting led stuff if I still have some questions!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
SquishyFishy

Just reconfigured the lighting and downloaded the latest addition of Bluefish and have to say, it is mind blowing! Have had Bluefish for a year, but the new addition...sexy...

Never had lights like this before. So much better controls etc. Here's a video made with GoPro 4 Session. Lights have almost finished ramping up to daytime here...another hour to go to full whites setting.

.GOPR9737-M.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

Can some one share W & B channel settings on your BlueFish / Razor?

Looking for setting to see what works to open Zoa and and some soft mushrooms

I had it on 30%B - 50%W nothing special was happening, only "Fuzzy Green Mushroom" was the only thing that will open... I change the setting to 27%W - 70%B.

And "pulsing xenia" that never pulsed in this tank, start pulsating and growing. Some Zoas start opening up a little, no growth, I also realized that some of them are gone

Bleached "birdnest" frag, start showing life again (not all bleached frags came back)

Tank is running from 09/16

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
SpencerShepard
On 26/10/2017 at 1:32 PM, risk1994 said:

Can bluefish controller operate T5 lights...would just need on/off, no dimming.  How would this work?

Sure, just set minimum dimming to 100% for that channel.  That will essentially make it an on/off switch.

• 4 months later...

Hi Spencer, in a previous post you mention cutting the cord that comes with the Bluefish.  A friend of mine has the Bluefish, we cut the cords, inside there is a white, a red, and braiding that I thought was just shielding. Is that braid really a ground?  

His LED’s all work at 100% when I provide 5v to the PWM input, but when I try to control them, they blink, and when I put all four channels to 100%, they all go out.  

Im at a loss here.  Thank you for your help!

0F9B8928-FD8E-4821-A1E9-BBBE6FA53084.jpeg

8580AF58-E841-4875-8862-16A1D78BF142.jpeg

• Recommended Discussions