Top Shelf Aquatics

Bluefish LED Controller: News Thread

SpencerShepard

jedimasterben

The Bluefish can control several hundred LDD drivers, and the Bluefish Mini can control a couple hundred. Just hook the control pins/wires in with your PWM input on your drivers.

• Like 1
RayWhisperer

Yeah, mighty quick to answer questions. Not so quick to offer to build my light for free, though... I'm overwhelmed here. I just finished the stand. I've got 4 bee hives to build, along with a lean to style greenhouse. Too many fires and not enough time to put em all out.

• Like 1
SpencerShepard

Mr. Peanut guy, what drivers are you planning on using? Highly recommend the LDDs to get the most out of the controller. Pick up a Coralux or RapidLED board. Connection to these boards is super easy with Bluefish or Bluefish Mini.

RayWhisperer

Mr. Bluefish guy, I will have 6 ldd drivers in my possession shortly. I'm prolly gonna need 7, though... Ain't I?

In case you are unaware, I'm a complete imbecile when it comes to led stuff. You can ask the jedi kid... he'll verify my ineptitude. So, do you have a link to these boards?

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Mr. Bluefish guy, I will have 6 ldd drivers in my possession shortly. I'm prolly gonna need 7, though... Ain't I?

In case you are unaware, I'm a complete imbecile when it comes to led stuff. You can ask the jedi kid... he'll verify my ineptitude. So, do you have a link to these boards?

:lol:

You'll need one driver for every Vero chip you'll have, and then one for the last little chips (what little ones are you using?), so seven total.

Here is a 5up Coralux board: http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/coralux-5up-ldd-driver-board/

Here are the ones from Rapid: http://www.rapidled.com/ldd-h-4-driver-board/

RayWhisperer

Thank you.

I'll prolly order the one from led group buy, since I was planning on ordering the LEDs from there, as well. I'm thinking just 2 far red, or hyper red, or whatever it is, 2 green or turquoise, and 2 royal blue.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm wanting a moonlight in the middle of all of this. Add yet another driver to the mix.... #### me.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Solderless Coralife Biocube 29 Dimmable Retrofit Kit. What all do I need to get the bluefish up and running? I am ready to purchase, I just want to make sure I order what I need.

Thank you

William

woobycat@yahoo.com

SpencerShepard

I have the Solderless Coralife Biocube 29 Dimmable Retrofit Kit. What all do I need to get the bluefish up and running? I am ready to purchase, I just want to make sure I order what I need.

Thank you

William

woobycat@yahoo.com

emailed.

Yes I want to know more about this Maxspect Razor controller. I was about to ditch it until I heard about Bluefish working with Razors.

• Like 1
RayWhisperer

Dear Mr. Bluefish guy.

I've gotten most everything I think I'm going to need. Now it's time for you to tell me which of your products I'll need. Then I can give you my money.

SpencerShepard

Dear Mr. Bluefish guy.

I've gotten most everything I think I'm going to need. Now it's time for you to tell me which of your products I'll need. Then I can give you my money.

What all do you have so far?

Any update on when the controller for the razor is set to release.

Likely this summer.

RayWhisperer

I've got 6 vero 18's, 6 little 3 watt colored chips, 7 ldd drivers 1000 somethingorother, an ASIs 810. What is already ordered, not yet delivered.

Another 500 somethingorother ldd driver, a fan, a power supply, a 5up board, and a few other odds and ends.

What I want. I want your bluefish thingy. So long as it does what you say it does and has moon cycles, too. I was waiting on you to develop the barrometric pressure dropper, wind generator, and rainwater storm top off system. However, you seem to be slacking on those products and I can nolonger wait.

SpencerShepard

I've got 6 vero 18's, 6 little 3 watt colored chips, 7 ldd drivers 1000 somethingorother, an ASIs 810. What is already ordered, not yet delivered.

Another 500 somethingorother ldd driver, a fan, a power supply, a 5up board, and a few other odds and ends.

What I want. I want your bluefish thingy. So long as it does what you say it does and has moon cycles, too. I was waiting on you to develop the barrometric pressure dropper, wind generator, and rainwater storm top off system. However, you seem to be slacking on those products and I can nolonger wait.

So you've basically got two options: Bluefish Mini with ribbon cable and power supply, or Bluefish and 3 x breakout boards. You don't really need the breakout boards, but they make things easier, and then you don't have to cut the nice cables.

RayWhisperer

So I've wasted my money on the 5 up board?

I'm not looking for individual diode control, if that's what you are getting at. All 6 vero's will be on one "channel" so to say. The other 6 color chips will be on another. The only other channel would be for moonlight.

Am I thinking this right? Or am I all ####ed up?

SpencerShepard

Nope, the LDD board was a good purchase. The 5up boards are 5 separate channels, so if you want them all on the same, then you will need to jumper the dimming (PWM) connections between each channel.

RayWhisperer

Well, I suppose I could put the colored LEDs on seperate channel.

I'm so friggin confused by this....

Also. What nice cables won't I have to cut? So far as I know, nothing has cables.

SpencerShepard

If you went with the Bluefish controller (not Bluefish Mini), then you would need to either cut the included control cables, or purchase the breakout boards.

RayWhisperer

So, I need a controller, too? I thought the bluefish was the controller....

I'm friggin lost.

Jediben, you bastard, get in here. Splain dis chit to me.

SpencerShepard

Lol. Yes, Bluefish is the controller. We have two models that would work for you:

Bluefish

-$195

-Expansion port for add-ons eg. power bar, sensor node

-Works with almost all controllable lighting

-Nice ABS case with RGB indicator LED

Bluefish Mini

-$100

-No expansion port

-Only works with Mean Well LDD

-No case

• Like 1

So SpencerShepard once y'all come out with the MAxspect Razor add on all I will need is the phone app to control it correct?

• Recommended Discussions