SaltCritters.com

Bluefish LED Controller: News Thread

SpencerShepard

NirvanaandTool

Pretty fancy. I do need a LED controller for my new build... And if this turns into a full controller, I'd ditch my Reef Angel for it.

Following along :)

• Like 1

That would be awesome, I am in the process of saving for a duo right now and deciding what colors I want and would like to beta test for the iOS for bluefish.

Can't wait to finally start my build in a few months.

I have the funds for a nano box tide and was looking at controllers when I saw this and thought "I can wait!" I would also be interested in iOS beta testing.
  • Like 2

Would it be possible for you to build out functionality to work with other company's powerbars? Might save you some development, but then again, the powerbar is probably one of the easier parts to come up with.

jedimasterben

Would it be possible for you to build out functionality to work with other company's powerbars? Might save you some development, but then again, the powerbar is probably one of the easier parts to come up with.

All the other controllers use is a plastic box with some power sockets attached to relays, so the physical parts are really generic, all that is different is the software part of it.

I didn't care much about this when I first saw it, but I have been shopping for a controller and now I am in here drooling over what I could do with my iPad and this thing.

• Like 1
SpencerShepard

Any updates guys, looking forward to it !

Sure, thanks for asking. :)

How about some iOS app screenshots?

iOSSimulatorScreenshotMar92014113321PM_z

More screenshots on the way. Gearing up for release. :)

• Like 1
SpencerShepard

Will that work with any IP camera? Wondering if addtional functionality will be supported like PTZ if the cam supports it.

It should work with any ip cam with an MJPEG output (most of them have this format I think). For iOS, If your cam has a feed with controls embedded in a webpage then you could probably use PTZ features. If you can access your PTZ controls from a page in Safari, then you should be good to embed the same page in the app.

SpencerShepard

In the package, you get the lighting controller (which is the base unit of the controller system), power supply, 3 x control cables, and a user guide.

SpencerShepard

What date is it expected to be released? Looking good by the way.

April is the goal for release.

I still don't quite uderstand the sunrise/set offset.

Your simuated sunrise/set in the above pic is 6am - 6pm, roughly a 12hr photoperiod.

Your 'real' sunrise/set time is 9am - midnight, roughly a 15 hr window.

So you basically said to simulate Fiji but to always add 3 hrs to sunrise and add 5hrs to sunset. Is that right? If so its pretty cool, does the weather/moonphase also offset to match your changes? If not I can see some issues with overlap.

SpencerShepard

I still don't quite uderstand the sunrise/set offset. Your simuated sunrise/set in the above pic is 6am - 6pm, roughly a 12hr photoperiod.Your 'real' sunrise/set time is 9am - midnight, roughly a 15 hr window.So you basically said to simulate Fiji but to always add 3 hrs to sunrise and add 5hrs to sunset. Is that right? If so its pretty cool, does the weather/moonphase also offset to match your changes? If not I can see some issues with overlap.

In the above pic, I have dynamic photoperiod turned off. So what you're seeing for my real times is what I've entered into the manual settings.

You basically have 4 options with how the photoperiod is handled:

• Go fully manual and set your own times for both sunrise and sunset.
  • Take your simulated location's photoperiod and offset it to start at your manual sunrise time. Sunset time will change daily to match the location's photoperiod.
  • Take your simulated location's photoperiod and offset it to end at your manual sunset time. Sunrise time will change daily to match the location's photoperiod.
  • Match the exact sunrise and sunset times of your simulated location, so both will change daily.

In the above pic, I have dynamic photoperiod turned off. So what you're seeing for my real times is what I've entered into the manual settings.

You basically have 4 options with how the photoperiod is handled:

• Go fully manual and set your own times for both sunrise and sunset.
  • Take your simulated location's photoperiod and offset it to start at your manual sunrise time. Sunset time will change daily to match the location's photoperiod.
  • Take your simulated location's photoperiod and offset it to end at your manual sunset time. Sunrise time will change daily to match the location's photoperiod.
  • Match the exact sunrise and sunset times of your simulated location, so both with change daily.

So in the case where you choose manual mode, the only thing you would be simulating from the location you choose would be the weather? Is there still an option to offset the weather? Therefore, make it so that you get the daytime weather from the location you chose during your typical "day"? Or will it be real time weather representation?

SpencerShepard

So in the case where you choose manual mode, the only thing you would be simulating from the location you choose would be the weather? Is there still an option to offset the weather? Therefore, make it so that you get the daytime weather from the location you chose during your typical "day"? Or will it be real time weather representation?

Yes to the the first question. There isn't an option to offset weather. It is in real time.

• Recommended Discussions