SaltCritters.com

ADA Cube Garden Pico Reef - A Journey - 6/6 Small Update

gnatster

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for advising me how to link posts earlier in the other forum. It sure helped a lot. maneuvering around the computer is a bigger challenge than reef tanks for me. But then again, i'm a child of the 60s.

I look forward to continue following your build thread...AVIATOR300.

• 6 months later...

It's been a while. The tank and I have been through quite a bit.

There was massive over feedings by well meaning folks...

There was lots of algae

There was lots of red cyano

There was NOT lots of water changes

That has been rectified over the past month or so. Things are looking well again, well enough to start thinking about a restock. Most of what was in there is still there, looking a bit worse for wear. The fish, he's been gone for months, I think a casualty of a water change.

Oh well. Here's to looking forward and letting all that go. Getting the tank back on track.

Glad to hear this thing is gettig back on track,but more glad to hear things are looking up for you letting you enjoy the hobby again :)

So glad to hear from you Gnatster!

Reef Systems has a sale this weekend... and if you haven't been out to Rivers to Reefs yet (Aaron's new store), it is well worth the trip!

wonderful to hear from you Gnatster and i hope your recovering well. I've been wondering what happened to you and praying for the best. I'm recovering myself from bi lateral Knee replacements over the holidays and i'm just hating being mobility limited while i recover.

Anyway, i'm sure we will all enjoy pics when your able.. Good luck..AVIATOR

It's been a while. The tank and I have been through quite a bit.

There was massive over feedings by well meaning folks...

There was lots of algae

There was lots of red cyano

There was NOT lots of water changes

That has been rectified over the past month or so. Things are looking well again, well enough to start thinking about a restock. Most of what was in there is still there, looking a bit worse for wear. The fish, he's been gone for months, I think a casualty of a water change.

Oh well. Here's to looking forward and letting all that go. Getting the tank back on track.

Glad to see you back and I hope you are healthy and ready to jump back in reefing. Shoot me an email sometime.

-Dave

Archived