Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ADA Cube Garden Pico Reef - A Journey - 6/6 Small Update

gnatster

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was dropped off this evening.

DSC_2350.JPG

Have to measure the cables and cut one to length for both sides.

Have more bits coming too...

Eventually it will get wet.

We have light!

This is just the basic out of the box light settings.

DSC_2352.JPG

Lots more to do before water.

Clamps for wiring are in the mail

Mat for under tank is the hands of UPS

RO/DI still needs to be hooked up.

Patience is the watchword, this is not a hobby where good things happen quickly.

duo over a 5 gallon tank?!?!?!?

Yeah, it appeals to my inner geek. I can do left to right or right to left sun and moon rise/sets once I figure out how to program it.

Plus it looks cool over the tank.

More baby steps today.

Found these pretty nifty wire guides at the Container Store. UT Wire D-Wings.

I know things look at angles in the photo, my level says it's all level.

DSC_2364.JPG

Oddly the camera picks up the frequency of the LED's Look at the wall above the light, you can see it dancing across the screen on the camera.

Arrghhh....

Went to cut the mat to mat to go under the tank and when I moved the tank found a chip missing in the bottom corner of the bottom glass.

Tank is now undergoing leak test, will take a photo later.

Am unsure if will be safe or if I need to bite the bullet and order a new tank.

Damn...

Mat is from Mr. Aqua.

The image above is not on the Mr. Aqua mat, it is placed on a cutting board on the kitchen counter.

I had only filled it about 1/3 the way when I saw the leak.

A little silicone, a glass top and I have a new terrarium!

That's such a bummer man,at least you figure it out before you filled it with goodies lol. Did you order the same tank,or something different ?

Dang. Did it come that way?

Nah, I had to do it recently. It was water tested before, moved around while being set up and I must of clipped the corner.

That's such a bummer man,at least you figure it out before you filled it with goodies lol. Did you order the same tank,or something different ?

Ordered the same tank, everything that has been custom made so far is built around the tank dimensions. Not going to rebuild stuff.

bust out the silicon man, you can fix that.

Yeah, and make a terrarium out of it. I rent, this is a real nice place, the land lord is a friend, not going to chance it and dump 5 gal of salt water on their nice floors. Especially when Mrs. Land Lord has an office right downstairs. Last thing I need is to drip water on her desk!

You could use the chipped tank for a sump and just absolutely cover that corner in silicone,terrarium,QT tank,or sell it. Just some ideas lol

sell it to me.

Going to keep it, thanks. Just need to get a glass cut for a top, then terrarium.

Tracking has new tank here Monday. I don't understand shipping. Two items shipped yesterday. One to Cali shipped to me, one from me shipped to same region in Cali,. The one I sent will be there Friday, the one coming to me will be here Monday. Both UPS Ground. Odd.

This build really is a test of patience. new tank slated for delivery on Monday via UPS. Tracking shows it has arrived at the local hub. However, Mother Nature is forecast to blanket us with 7-12" of her white fluffy love Sunday into Monday. I'm late in the UPS route. Given the weather, the fact my street is plowed days after the snow fall if at all and my excitement level it'll probably be Wednesday at least before UPS decides to visit.

Archived