inTank Media Baskets

[10] Upgraded to a 10 for the time being.

Steelen

Take the fish back to the LFS to hold until you're done with your cycle and you get your ammonia under control. 5g is such a small tank. Keep the CUC in there for several weeks before adding back the fish.

Adding more stuff is not what you should be doing now. I would wait on getting the stuff from the local reefer.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't necessary. We managed to get a hold on it. Its been stable again, I think it was the additional death in the snails.

Next week going to pick up some Candy Canes and a Green Plate from my friend and slowly start to build this puppy!

I really love my green plate!!

My friend has a bunch multiplying. All super tiny like finger nail tiny. Really awesome and would be great in this 5 allowing it to grow over time.

watch out for the those hitchhiker blue clove polyps (i think that's what they are). read they grow fast and can overtake other corals.

Yea I know. They were all over in the display tank. My tank is empty mostly just two additional pieces. I will monitor it though.

They are green btw.

I do 20% water changes every week. Should I add a goby/shrimp pair? Abd what kind should I do?

My water quality doesnt even change. Like 0.25 nitrate if even before the water change. And that is with food that doesnt get eten. Half a cube of mysis/brine spread of 4 days.

• 1 month later...

We are returning Omen, the clown tomorrow. Last night she decided to bite pieces of the frogspawn. As I saw pieces floating through the water...

A week ago we picked up a RBTA with green (2") and figured will put them together in a small box (drilled). She completely ignored that also. Dont worry about the RBTA we are moving out in a few months so we can finally put up the 40! Later next week or so we have Randell's + shrimp coming to the tank also. With the 20% and not over feeding the tank we should be good! Cannot wait for the IM 40 though, thats for sure. Our rocks for thst are being seeded in a friends 400g patio tank.

So tomorrow I'm calling my LFS and see if we can trade if for a different one that is smaller than this one. Our LFS is amazing when it comes to this. They really care about their customers and want to keep them. Several other stores in the area are just horrile.

Will update more later as usual!

Picked up a Picasso. This one is small maybe 1". Settling in good, already ate and is swimming around not panicked. The other clown just seemed off. Not sure what was wrong, maybe it was the tank size vs the size of itself.

Glad we have an awesome LFS. Once it has calm downed more i'll take some pictures of how the tank looks now.

Also have a zoa frag that is being overtaken by Cloves when we bought it. Still debating on either using Fluke tabs or giving it to the 400G patio tank as a donation.

• 3 weeks later...

Switching to a 10 gallon. Petco had another sale and my wife wanted to step it up a bit.

After we move out and set up the 40 IM, she will be using the 10 gallon for some idea she has in her head.

• 2 months later...

Setup the 10 gallon wednesday. I'll get a picture once everything has settled in and isn't as pissed off.

Archived