SaltCritters.com

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

Definitely Going to be following along! Love your ZEOvit Schedule very balanced! I might use it :happy: May I also ask what sand you have in this awesome tank?

Thanks, I'm using Fiji Pink Sand for this build.

Sweet!!! You need to have nanobox make you a fuge light like mine! Grows the green stuff like crazy!

I've actually had great results with the nano-glo. Plus I'm saving for a Reefbrite and another mp10w. Not to mention the livestock coming in :)

I am delayed :(

Sorry to keep you all waiting but I was so worn out from a long work week and I just couldn't get out of bed early enough to get my container to make several gallons of water.

However, stock plans have changed slightly!

Removing the large clown, semi aggressive nature...

and will be ordering:

a Yasha again!

the Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse

Midas Blenny

Halloween Hermit!

Nice! If the tank isn't 36 inches long or ain't like 30 x 18 l would skip the midas and maybe the wrasse.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Sorry for the lack of news or updates... quickie for y'all though.... it literally just hit high 40s in south florida last night... wow.... so ya, naturally...

Eheim Jager or one of the new acclaimed Cobalt NeoTherm 100w heaters?

• Like 1

Don't worry,we hit very low 30's here in central florida with about 20-30 mph winds...

I can wait to see this thing stocked !!! It's going to be sick as usual.

Hey Tron, what was your experience with CadLight like?

I ordered my new tank from them over 3 weeks ago, and they still haven't shipped it. Their website says "We ship the next day of your order," and I was wondering if you had a similar issue. They're not responding to any of my emails and they're about to get another angry phone call.

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

Can't go wrong with either. I used a jäger in my old system and had no problems and now use a cobalt neotherm in the new one. Both are great.

Well, the specs say this new Cobalt is super accurate, like +- .5* where other heaters are +-2* ??

I remember with my rena heater, if i needed 79 i had to set it to like 82 or something lol

Don't worry,we hit very low 30's here in central florida with about 20-30 mph winds...

I can wait to see this thing stocked !!! It's going to be sick as usual.

My rena heater sucked so i tossed it when i cleaned out the pico! so I'm heater less and didn't expect this coldfront!

I forgot you don't have an apex. I would just crank my jäger up to 85 and let the apex regulate.

I don't have my apex hooked up yet, but the cobalt is accurate to what you set it to.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Hey Tron, what was your experience with CadLight like?

I ordered my new tank from them over 3 weeks ago, and they still haven't shipped it. Their website says "We ship the next day of your order," and I was wondering if you had a similar issue. They're not responding to any of my emails and they're about to get another angry phone call.

Have patience, the tank isa beauty. Very clean build, silicone is as perfect as it comes. the seems are great, and just to give you an idea... i had horrible flexing of the acrylic back wall in my pico, Cad layers the acrylic wall in the back with glass on the inside of the sump side, and uses glass baffles instead of acrylic.... I very much appreciate that small detail... gives it a much more firm feel. For me personally, I wasn't even sure if it was coming lol. but now that its in my hands, Id say it is well worth waiting for it. little details are worth extra time...

I forgot you don't have an apex. I would just crank my jäger up to 85 and let the apex regulate.

I don't have my apex hooked up yet, but the cobalt is accurate to what you set it to.

Yes!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Was yours custom built? I just bought the Artisan II 50 Cube, and it says that they had 77 in stock when I placed my order.

It showed the same when I first heard about the 34g Mini2 they sent me, before it was even released it showed in stock ready to ship, but I'm guessing they are still touched up and finished to order...

It showed the same when I first heard about the 34g Mini2 they sent me, before it was even released it showed in stock ready to ship, but I'm guessing they are still touched up and finished to order...

Alright, thanks. I just wish their communication was better.

Pics!!! K thanks! Off to bed, last day of freezing my ass off at work. -16 Monday -8 today but a high of 3!

Ohhh and new tank is on order (insert ninja) along with a sick sump from synergy reef, 30th bday present to myself even though it'll be here after my bday

Sorry for the lack of news or updates... quickie for y'all though.... it literally just hit high 40s in south florida last night... wow.... so ya, naturally... Eheim Jager or one of the new acclaimed Cobalt NeoTherm 100w heaters?
Uhm that's nothing it's -35c in Ontario Canada that's -31 Fahrenheit for all of you south of me ;)

Edit: how rude of me lol its looking good can't wait... So seriously HURRY UP jk

SouthFlorida_Tron

A great feature for their clean appearance is how they designed the sump so the skimmer is very nicely hidden compared to how much it stuck out before on my previous build... Lol