Innovative Marine Aquariums

SouthReef -- Bye bye Red Planet!

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

One last shot of the rear overflow and chambers before I install the acrylic filter sock holder...

Hard to tell in the pic, but its of high quality back there, all glass baffles, a glass back wall to support the acrylic back wall, very solid filter area...

• Like 4

I can't see one thing on this tank that is reminiscent of the previous cad complaints that were going around about a year or so ago. This thing looks very well constructed definitely looking like a sick upgrade congrats.

• Like 1

Oomph yeah cad is impressive they hit a few bumps but they make some sexy tanks my lfs replace IM with CAD wow what a difference. Can't wait to watch this build, how quiet is this tank tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

Oomph yeah cad is impressive they hit a few bumps but they make some sexy tanks my lfs replace IM with CAD wow what a difference. Can't wait to watch this build, how quiet is this tank tron

Ive only run the pump for a few minutes to test for leaks and get a gauge on chamber levels during operation... pretty quiet! even without sponges in chamber 1...

Tagging along, looks like a sweet tank. The beveled corners look like they have a much smaller radius than the average curved corners which is nice. I really don't like it when I'm looking at a tank and 2 or 3 inches on either side is warped because the glass starts to curve. It'll be some time before I get a chance to start a new tank, but this looks like it would be a nice upgrade when I win the lottery omgomgomg

SouthFlorida_Tron

Thanks everyone... Here is a top down when it was pulled out of the box... You can see here the sexy curved corners.

There is also the first chamber, with only sponges.. thats my final mystery. At the moment, I'm working on making a flow director from the grates, about an inch out I will most likely just leave two sponges down, but top them with filter floss as a pre filter, the water flows under the next two baffles (as the second baffle holds the PLS Skimmer)

• Like 6
SouthFlorida_Tron

It truly is gorgeous. Im not quite sure if I will have the time to get it wet by Sunday or Monday, but for sure the following week.... In time for the new year!

SouthFlorida_Tron

New screen top is ready to go for the new Gobies & Wrasse... The new material I'm using is sooooo much better than BRS's 1/4" netting. Nothing will get through this stuff!

• Like 3
SouthFlorida_Tron

Cool, how did you get the screen to sit in place? Your Cad 34G looks beautiful, can't wait to see FTS and with your beautiful corals in the new tank.

Hi Charles, CAD originally sent me a beautiful glass top with acrylic mounting clip that just hang on the rim, and allows the lid to sit recessed inside the tank level with the rim, but not quite ideal, I prefer the screen top. I just used the BRS kit and cut it to sit perfect within the mounting clips.

I will see the clips from the outside but a small tradeoff for now having the ugly screen brackets sliding on top of the rim, much more streamline this way :)

And believe me, I also cannot wait to see it too!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Are you going to add more sps to this one or just let the current stuff grow out

Hey Cam,

I actually have 4 overall, two being forgotten as they have struggled to grow but are recently breaking ground, the Pink Milli I purchased at this year's MACNA is starting to really show that fuzzy like Milli polyp extension, and the Red Planet I've been struggling with since before the Milli is now encrusting and showing some nice colors. Once it really starts to take off I'll make the progress public, for now, still keeping an eye and not missing any details!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Which is?

It is called "crinoline synthetic white mesh" or the same material used to make ballerina tutu's. I went to a local fabric store and found it cheap. a couple bucks for several yards. The wholes are much smaller and there is not one fish that could squeeze through. I had 3 fish make it through BRS' screen.

I will sleep much better with this top!

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Well, you can all thank UPS for living up to their holiday ignorance... for some odd reason, my package of Sand, which usually comes from Cali, to Jacksonville, then to Ft. Lauderdale, went from Jax, to Daytona, for an entire day, then continued to south Florida.... wtfever, will not come until Monday, so the tank will have to just sit, and wait, ready and thirsty!

Already fighting off some kind of pest that smudges the Starphire! :o

Sleek :ninja:

• Like 7