SaltCritters.com

TeamIM24's Innovative Marine Nuvo 24 FTS 7-16-2015

TeamIM24

Steensj2004

I might be moving to Florida very soon.....new job. I know when I was in Florida for work a few months ago there were some killer reef stores!

• Like 1

I might be moving to Florida very soon.....new job. I know when I was in Florida for work a few months ago there were some killer reef stores!

There are. Once we got a tank it seemed that we discovered a LFS on every corner! What part of FL might you be moving to?

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Jacksonville area. Killer ass government job, I'm drooling , lmao

sweet hope this works for ya. nice road trip to orlando every month for some killer coral sounds pretty sweet.

There are. Once we got a tank it seemed that we discovered a LFS on every corner! What part of FL might you be moving to?

aint that the truth. if not lfs theres always someone selling some sweet coral.

i hope you went to wwc this weekend. have a big annually sale. unfortunately i had to work yesterday and have stuff to do around the house today. lol friends going and ask him to look for a couple of things. have you been to living reefs? they are supposed to have some nice stuff and they have a peppermint angel. a purdy fish with a HUGE $$$$$ tag. lol

heres the link for space coast reef conference its down in melbourne off 95 and 192 i believe. looks like a good vendor selection. http://www.screefconference.com/

• Like 1

sweet hope this works for ya. nice road trip to orlando every month for some killer coral sounds pretty sweet.

aint that the truth. if not lfs theres always someone selling some sweet coral.

i hope you went to wwc this weekend. have a big annually sale. unfortunately i had to work yesterday and have stuff to do around the house today. lol friends going and ask him to look for a couple of things. have you been to living reefs? they are supposed to have some nice stuff and they have a peppermint angel. a purdy fish with a HUGE $$$$$ tag. lol

heres the link for space coast reef conference its down in melbourne off 95 and 192 i believe. looks like a good vendor selection. http://www.screefconference.com/

We skipped all the LFS this weekend on purpose. I just purchased an add on DI kit for our RO system as well as all the replacement fliters and membrane from Spectrapure to upgrade our system to 90 GPD. That wasn't cheap! We also loaded up recently at Top Shelf around Father's Day and 4th of July. Next budget item is a mesh kit from BRS so we can add some fish and (hopefully) keep them in the tank. QT is up and ready for fishy...

lilmatty5dimes

oh man. i bet that wasn't very cheap. why not just buy a whole new 5 stage unit? dude today is your lucky day. i've got some left over screen from a few builds but its yours if you want. shot me a pm it should be a perfect fit. 37'x24'. how big of a section do you need? get the frame work from home depot or lowes its $2.50 or so for the black trim and just cut with a hacksaw.

oh man. i bet that wasn't very cheap. why not just buy a whole new 5 stage unit? dude today is your lucky day. i've got some left over screen from a few builds but its yours if you want. shot me a pm it should be a perfect fit. 37'x24'. how big of a section do you need? get the frame work from home depot or lowes its $2.50 or so for the black trim and just cut with a hacksaw.

The DI add on wasn't too bad ($45). I also needed to replace the ASO and I went ahead and ordered the filters and membrane to upgrade to 90 GPD from 50 GPD.

Thanks for offering the screen. Is it mesh? I will measure what I need for our IM 24 and send you a PM!

• 1 month later...

Purchased some new corals recently. Blue green chalice, ricordea and three different zoas. I don't know the name of the orange zoa or the blue/green/yellow. We also got a fire and ice zoa frag but they are closed up currently. I will take a picture of them and post later today when they have opened.

post-81248-0-48257800-1408800607_thumb.jpgpost-81248-0-62595000-1408800615_thumb.jpgpost-81248-0-79906400-1408800626_thumb.jpgpost-81248-0-05059500-1408800635_thumb.jpg

We finally got around to placing our corals so the sand bed is pretty uncluttered finally. We have left our deceased plate coral in the tank in hopes that it will produce some babies.

FTS coming soon.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

post-81248-0-56487200-1409869802_thumb.jpgpost-81248-0-90579100-1409869810_thumb.jpg

Thanks to the generosity of lilmatty5dimes I present our mesh screen! Sorry it took me so long to put it together. Turned out pretty good.

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

looking good. glad i had enough for ya. looks like you ordered some cuc from reefcleaner. lol can't wait to see ya fill this up.

i was helping a friend breaking down his tank on RC he couldn't post it for some reason and i did it to help him out. i still have my lil nuvo. i do have a few zoas i fragged up waiting for them to grow out some more to frag again.

looking good. glad i had enough for ya. looks like you ordered some cuc from reefcleaner. lol can't wait to see ya fill this up.

i was helping a friend breaking down his tank on RC he couldn't post it for some reason and i did it to help him out. i still have my lil nuvo. i do have a few zoas i fragged up waiting for them to grow out some more to frag again.

We did order our CUC from reefcleaners and as usual they sent us a ton of snails. I would hate to even know how many are in the sand bed! Saw your post on RC on the tank. Those were some great deals. I was kicking myself for not buying the UC you had posted at the very least as a LFS had them on sale for $20 a polyp last weekend. We are saving up for coral con or whatever it is called in October and hope to load up on some corals then. Our QT tank is just about ready for fish so we should be in the market for a royal gramma real soon. Probably going to add a neon goby, clown and 6 line wrasse and be done (except for more corals).

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I was thinking of those also for my micro 30, do they hide like my hifin goby does or is he out & about most of the time

Jet has only been in the DT for a day but we have seen her a pretty decent amount so far. She initially was hiding behind some acans where all we could see was her nose. She has spent a lot of time out in the open on one of our larger zoa colonies during the day and has found another place where we can easily see her that is a cave/overhang from our live rock. Our LFS has them in their display tanks and they are out and about quite a bit.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

We went to Coral Con today and had a great time. We picked up:

Crazy colored plate coral and acanthastrea rotundoflora from Pacific East
4 Zoas (Utter Chaos, Pacman, two others) from Reef Chicks
2 Ricordias from GotCoral

Met some really nice people today and there was some beautiful corals there. I would hate to see what kind of deals you could pick up close to 5. We only had $100 budget and did well and we left at 2:15.

• Like 1

Here is most of what we picked up. The pacman zoa and one other zoa are still closed up from their morning meal. Lights and camera phone don't do the plate justice.

post-81248-0-70827700-1414419385_thumb.jpgpost-81248-0-35388800-1414419400_thumb.jpgpost-81248-0-11770300-1414419434_thumb.jpgpost-81248-0-94608100-1414419511_thumb.jpg post-81248-0-14468700-1414432476_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Was finally able to get a decent picture of our Royal Gramma this morning. We added a six line wrasse yesterday but she is way to fast for me to get a picture right now.

post-81248-0-25260100-1416064028_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Poor guy, what are your long term plans for him?

Right now he is in a breeder cup in the tank. I am surprised it survived the attacks because the wrasse was hitting it so hard water was splashing out of the tank. The plan is to leave the clown in the breeder cup for 2-3 days and then reintroduce to the DT. If all is well then we are good. If the attacks continue we are going to try to catch the wrasse in the cup. If we don't have peace in the tank we may have to trap/trade one or the other.