Pod Your Reef

TeamIM24's Innovative Marine Nuvo 24 FTS 7-16-2015

TeamIM24

I both one of those handie kits that had multiple adapters. And I use the sponge part for the back since it's acrylic. Because I don't want stuff building up back there. I thibk it's made by Topfin. Got it a petsmart.

What about when you start getting coraline algae growth on the back? Will you scrub that off as well? I don't see much of anything on the back wall as of yet but I am sure stuff is growing or the snails wouldn't be all over it.

For coralline you can use a razor blade. Also you can leave it on the back if you want to. Just a tip take your algea magnet out everytime your done housing it because sand and Copepods will find there way in and can scratch up the glass. I personally will probably keep the glass spotless by taking the wet side of the magnet cleaner and sticking my hands in to scrub it off

I am thinking about heading to World Wide Corals today. I saw on the forum that a lot of people have ordered from them online. It isn't too far from my house so I thought I would check them out. Leaving the wallet so I can resist the temptation to buy something. I will post about their inventory after I get back.

So I went to World Wide Corals today for the first time (worldwidecorals.com) ever. Wow. The website doesn't do it justice. They had well over 1000 frags. Just about everything you could imagine. Prices seemed reasonable for frags. They also had colonies for sale as well. Staff was very friendly and helpful. My father in law went with me and was overwhelmed with the choices. He even offered to purchase some corals for us but I told him this was a sightseeing mission only. It was hard to turn him down! We will be saving up to make some purchases.

It is the 27" and it is the 16K.

Thanks, I'm debating about what light to go with my nuvo 24g.

How happy are you with it?

How are the colors of your coral?

It is a great light. As of now I only have 1 ricordia frag. There are some other 24 owners on here that have the same light and their corals look great (which is why I bought it).

• Like 1

Do you have a build thread for your 24G tank?

You are Boyboy?

TeamIM24, he quoted me so I'm assuming he was asking for my build thread, it is linked in my signature for my 8g, I haven't started one for my 24g yet as I'm still picking up my equipment.

• Like 1