Top Shelf Aquatics

Progress on Orders : Check your order and others!

DaveFason

3 hours ago, markalot said:

I love the tank pictures and the retro with LED on first and last bulb positions.

Thanks Mark. I am going to start sharing more customer photos as most people are not on the forums. 

I have completed a few crazy retro builds lately and things are only picking up. 

We need more pictures of yours. ;)

• Like 2
On 2/22/2017 at 4:41 PM, DaveFason said:

Grinder of a week already. Tons of RETRO orders are coming in and going out. The new Bluefish APP is looking great and you guys will enjoy it much more. 

Website has been updated and I will try and finish the ATI section. New RETRO options are available. 

For now here are a few photos. 

RETRO Prep : A ton of sawing, drilling and tapping. 

retroprep

Red/Black Tide :

tideredblackgoose

Clear/White Flare :

tideclearwhitegoose

Clear/Black Tide :

tideclearblackgoose

Blue/Black Tide :

tideblueblackgoose

Black/Blue Tide :

tideblackbluegoose

The Office : :D

nanoboxwork

Couldn't help but notice the peppermint angle fish in your poster, you must be working hard to buy one lol. 

• Like 2

Hope all is well with everyone! Things have been great this way and I continue to be blown away with the amount of RETRO orders coming in. I want to thank @markalot, @metrokat, @braaap, @stellablue, @spectra and many others for spreading the word. The amount of interest in the NanoBox ATI units has been nutty! 

I have been rearranging the office tanks and they are looking better each day. I had a weird algae outbreak in the UNS planted however it all died two days later. Weird! 

Orders are going out quickly besides a few hangups with normal Quads. However these should all be heading out this week. 

Gold/Red Tide :

tidegoldredgoose

Black Duo :

duoblackgoose

Purple/Vivid Purple Screw Grey Sleeve Tide :

purplevividpurplevividside

Black/Vivid Duo :

duoblackvividgoose

NanoBox ATI Hybrid :

ati6x6ati6x62

Just todays shipment. At times I feel like I am on the set of "Groundhog Day ". Build, pack, ship. Repeat. :D 

buildpackship

Night time at NanoBox :

terrblackwaterterrfrontterrtop

Newly scaped blackwater 

blackwaternew

Planted :

plantedfront

You can see the dead algae. I am still getting it all clear out. 

plantedtop

IM10 :

im10side

As you can see, I really enjoy the hobby as well. These tanks are my test subjects so at times they can look a bit funny. However it is the best R&D! 

Enjoy!

-Dave

• Like 13

Looking good. I'm really liking my retro I installed. Wasn't too hard to do. Was pretty fun actually. I am now seeing colors in my coral that I have never seen before. If the bluefish app would get a nice update all would be well. Overall I'm a happy NB customer.

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, xAyanex said:

So excited for my Nanobox Large Retro Plus M!! Can't wait for it to arrive!!

You will love it...............

Whats the large 2 arrays? 

• Like 1

Nanobox Quad Plus on it's way to meeeeee soon!  Dave, would you mind throwing my order on the progress page when you have a moment so I can enjoy following along?  Thanks!

Denise

• Like 1
18 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Hope all is well with everyone! Things have been great this way and I continue to be blown away with the amount of RETRO orders coming in. I want to thank @markalot, @metrokat, @braaap, @stellablue, @spectra and many others for spreading the word. The amount of interest in the NanoBox ATI units has been nutty! 

I have been rearranging the office tanks and they are looking better each day. I had a weird algae outbreak in the UNS planted however it all died two days later. Weird! 

Orders are going out quickly besides a few hangups with normal Quads. However these should all be heading out this week. 

Gold/Red Tide :

tidegoldredgoose

Black Duo :

duoblackgoose

Purple/Vivid Purple Screw Grey Sleeve Tide :

purplevividpurplevividside

Black/Vivid Duo :

duoblackvividgoose

NanoBox ATI Hybrid :

ati6x6ati6x62

Just todays shipment. At times I feel like I am on the set of "Groundhog Day ". Build, pack, ship. Repeat. :D 

buildpackship

Night time at NanoBox :

terrblackwaterterrfrontterrtop

Newly scaped blackwater 

blackwaternew

Planted :

plantedfront

You can see the dead algae. I am still getting it all clear out. 

plantedtop

IM10 :

im10side

As you can see, I really enjoy the hobby as well. These tanks are my test subjects so at times they can look a bit funny. However it is the best R&D! 

Enjoy!

-Dave

Those are sweet, Dave!  I especially like the one with the orange lid!  My corals are LOVING my hybrid!

• Like 2
20 hours ago, xAyanex said:

What plant(s) is that in the planted tank?

Monte Carlo. I wish I would have done HC or hair grass. The MC grows in THICK. 

17 hours ago, dmw913 said:

Nanobox Quad Plus on it's way to meeeeee soon!  Dave, would you mind throwing my order on the progress page when you have a moment so I can enjoy following along?  Thanks!

Denise

Adding today!

3 hours ago, tmc13 said:

Hey now Dave,

I see some great work in those pics, but there's one missing that I haven't seen, MINE!! LOL

How this beast coming along?

Coming along! I will post a few teasers for you. :D

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Monte Carlo. I wish I would have done HC or hair grass. The MC grows in THICK. 

Mine's officially turning into a forest compared to the tiny neon tetras (they swim through it half the time), so this weekend may be pruning time..

• Like 2

I was able to ship a ton of orders this week along with a ton of prep. I am finishing a few monster NanoBox ATI retros for next week. These are absolutely insane! 

I have been working on a acrylic leg system that resembles the acrylic legs that you see on planted tanks. This is the first prototype and I will be tweaking a few items. Notch for wire, no screws and multiple sizes. With the popularity of peninsula tanks the acrylic legs will work perfectly to keep the original look. 

flareterrprotosideflareterrproto

As normal here are a few photos of units.

tidewhitewhitehang

duoblackblackgoosequadblackbluegoose

tideblackblackgoose

Enjoy! 

-Dave

• Like 4
On 3/24/2017 at 6:39 PM, xAyanex said:

I'm nosy. Whats a nanobox ATI retro? How is it different from the regular nanobox retro?

I take a ATI Sunpower and retro NanoBox LEDs, control and all the other goodness. Making it a hybrid. 

I apologize if you did not hear from me this weekend. I have been finishing the construction of a kitchen remodel. Things have been VERY busy. 

-Dave

15 hours ago, Matic said:

Dave,

can you please contact me about my order, send you 3 mails with no response, thanks!

Matic,

So sorry! Your emails were in my SPAM folder. Jumping on this now!!

Great week so far! Orders have been shipping, celebrated my birthday yesterday and a few more orders will be heading out tomorrow. 

I am finishing the design of the new acrylic legs and should have final product photos shortly. 

"Das Beast" - Custom NanoBox ATI RETRO - Twelve Array - 36" Unit Two Bulbs - TEASER

33701958676_5b1215b03a_z.jpgUntitled by David Fason, on Flickr

Clear/Blue Tide :

33701958286_5dce327ed4_b.jpg

White/Nature Tide :

33742725135_581b7999eb_b.jpg

More to come! 

-Dave

• Like 5