Cultivated Reef

Ball Tip Anemone?

AWillroth

Theres like 8-9 of them of varying sizes around the tank and yesterday is the first day I've noticed them. The day before yesterday, my water was way cloudy from some sort of bacteria bloom. Any chance the two occurences are related?

I have them pop up here and there. No biggy as far as I can tell. I kinda like em and they don't seem to spread much at all.

+1 I've seen them in my tanks for years and I have no reason to believe they cause any harm. Generally i find them under ledges and in dark areas.

looks like ball anemone to me. I like em personally. I think they don't like the light though as I only find them in dark areas
. Lol, so they're probably gonna get blasted when my t5 ho setup gets here tomorrow.

I have one sitting in a medium light too….(fully open) so no problem there, I think….but I feed it reguarly at daytimes (the others do sit in the shade)

They're cool little critters. I bought a piece of rubble with one on it probably 6-8 months ago. Didn't see much of it until the past couple months, now I have several all throughout my tank. If I had to guess how many I'd say close to two dozen. Initially they seemed to be mostly nocturnal but these days I see them spread wide open all through the day. I don't think I have any larger than 1/4".

Here's one on the skeleton of my big lobo.

11192360256_f47f7d38af_b.jpg

Archived