Innovative Marine Aquariums

NanoBox RETRO Line : NanoBox Sunpower Hybrid Pricing & Install

DaveFason

Since I would be only using two bulbs either, and two pucks, I would be using the two bulbs as supplement to the LED'S correct? I'm asking this because I can either go with the ATI or the aquatic life. I know that the ATI is much better, but does it matter when it's just for supplemental lighting? Thanks!

Well, every little bit helps. I would personally swing for the ATI if you're starting from scratch - you'll get better lamp performance and lifespan from better reflectors and significantly better ballasts, in addition to better cooling.

If you already have the Aquaticlife fixture, that is one thing, and I would probably just retro that (maybe consider swapping out the shitty ballasts with an HEP or Philips Advance model, they should be slim enough to fit inside no problem).

• Like 1

Well, every little bit helps. I would personally swing for the ATI if you're starting from scratch - you'll get better lamp performance and lifespan from better reflectors and significantly better ballasts, in addition to better cooling.

If you already have the Aquaticlife fixture, that is one thing, and I would probably just retro that (maybe consider swapping out the shitty ballasts with an HEP or Philips Advance model, they should be slim enough to fit inside no problem).

Thanks. I don't have either fixture yet. Yeah, I have heard that the internals of the aquatic fixtures are garbage.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
jamescstein

Same. New large Plus M retro kits come with the new v3.1 array? How's that work with the moonlight channel or is it unnecessary now with the v3.1?

Same. New large Plus M retro kits come with the new v3.1 array? How's that work with the moonlight channel or is it unnecessary now with the v3.1?

I can combine the white/lime or leave separate now too. You can also use the royal blue channel to create the same effect as the moonlight.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
HarryPotter

1 more question. Is the 2 channel 2 arrays and the 4 channel 4 arrays? I wanna be 110% sure before I pull the trigger.

Channel doesn't have to do with arrays. 1 puck array can have 2,4, or most recently 5 channels.

1 more question. Is the 2 channel 2 arrays and the 4 channel 4 arrays? I wanna be 110% sure before I pull the trigger.

If you get an ATO retro it is five channels. Array count does not effect it.

-Dave

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

You can, but it would only be good for a very, very small tank.

It's going into a 2' 4 bulb T5 hood, you think I need MOAR lighting? I'm deferring to your expertise. I don't wanna have to buy a second set and space is damn tight in this hood.

jedimasterben

It's going into a 2' 4 bulb T5 hood, you think I need MOAR lighting? I'm deferring to your expertise. I don't wanna have to buy a second set and space is damn tight in this hood.

For a 24" setup that has additional T5 that should be fine. :)

You can go with two arrays but you would be much happier with the four array.

-Dave

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
RayWhisperer

Dear Dave.

YOU SUCK!

I go to your site looking to give you money. The hybrid is supposedly "coming soon".

So, gimme the scoop.

• Like 4

Dear Dave.

YOU SUCK!

I go to your site looking to give you money. The hybrid is supposedly "coming soon".

So, gimme the scoop.

Sending PM.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...