Top Shelf Aquatics

NanoBox RETRO Line : NanoBox Sunpower Hybrid Pricing & Install

DaveFason

• 7 months later...

Didn't want to start a new thread because it may be a silly question. Idea's are brewing again :), can you link multiple tides to one storm controller?

jedimasterben

Didn't want to start a new thread because it may be a silly question. Idea's are brewing again :), can you link multiple tides to one storm controller?

A few hundred of them, yes lol

A few hundred of them, yes lol

I figured it was possible but wasn't sure if you would need to alter th pins in the storm controller power wise or add anything to make it work. I guess one would be ch 1 & 2, additional units on 3/4 and so on. Each tide already has its own power supply. Makes sense, like I said, silly question :)

I figured it was possible but wasn't sure if you would need to alter th pins in the storm controller power wise or add anything to make it work. I guess one would be ch 1 & 2, additional units on 3/4 and so on. Each tide already has its own power supply. Makes sense, like I said, silly question :)

You sure can. You can do two units per Storm. You can do more but would need to "mod" the connector.

-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was Shauns aka "4x5" first ati fixture the dimmable version? Not the 6 bulb

Nope. I have only done 3-4 dimmable units. When doing the RETRO it defeats the purpose of dimming the T5's. Let the LEDs do the dimming.

-Dave

so if i buy this retro kit then all i need is a killer housing to fit those in to make it 100% complete? do you also sell kit with 2 or more array? if so what the cost of it? im thinking about adding t5 later on down the road and this is perfect for my project.

so if i buy this retro kit then all i need is a killer housing to fit those in to make it 100% complete? do you also sell kit with 2 or more array? if so what the cost of it? im thinking about adding t5 later on down the road and this is perfect for my project.

You got it.

I can add arrays if you would like.

-Dave

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Dave,

I recently broke down a big sps reef. Holding on to my choice corals in a fusion 20. I have an ATI 24" 4 bulb, but a bit worried about par and the controllability/color is lacking. Interested in the retro but only want to lose one bulb. I am considering this vs. the reefbrite; give me a shout so we can talk; pm'ed my number.

Jeremy

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Pumped to get my ATI retro hybrid! What are your guys's suggestions in mounting/hanging it? I have 10 foot ceilings and im not sure if there are studs over where the tank sits so im not sure if the hanging from the ceiling will work. Your guy's thoughts?

Have you seen the light bars that people make on here? Really simple and cheap and look great!

Pumped to get my ATI retro hybrid! What are your guys's suggestions in mounting/hanging it? I have 10 foot ceilings and im not sure if there are studs over where the tank sits so im not sure if the hanging from the ceiling will work. Your guy's thoughts?

I sure do.

Do you have a retro for RSM C-130?

• Like 1

Just a quick question Dave. Is there any way that a retro can be added to an aquatic life 4 bulb t5 fixture?

Really not any different than any others. Just need a way to mount the heatsink inside it and make sure that it is properly cooled and you're good to go.

• Like 1

Just a quick question Dave. Is there any way that a retro can be added to an aquatic life 4 bulb t5 fixture?

I sure can. I can do it to any unit, just some can be a little more PIA than others. :D

• Like 1

I sure can. I can do it to any unit, just some can be a little more PIA than others. :D

Since I would be only using two bulbs either, and two pucks, I would be using the two bulbs as supplement to the LED'S correct? I'm asking this because I can either go with the ATI or the aquatic life. I know that the ATI is much better, but does it matter when it's just for supplemental lighting? Thanks!

• Like 1