ReefCleaners.org

NanoBox RETRO Line : NanoBox Sunpower Hybrid Pricing & Install

DaveFason

Hi Dave, it's been a week since my Retro Duo stopped working and 2 days since I've had any correspondence from you. My corals are without light except evening solar and are really starting to stress. I have a nice birds nest that is not extending it's polyps now.

It's time to either send a replacement Bluefish or come up with a solution to my issues. I have sent many screen shots that detail how I am using the product. If you need more info I can and will provide it.

Do not ignore me.

Victor

Hi Dave, it's been a week since my Retro Duo stopped working and 2 days since I've had any correspondence from you. My corals are without light except evening solar and are really starting to stress. I have a nice birds nest that is not extending it's polyps now.

It's time to either send a replacement Bluefish or come up with a solution to my issues. I have sent many screen shots that detail how I am using the product. If you need more info I can and will provide it.

Do not ignore me.

Victor

Victor,

Not ignoring at all. I sent an email to you yesterday stating I am waiting to hear back from Spencer at Bluefish. With the unit being used for a while and now with a change in the router password it has to be something with the router to Bluefish. Not a faulty Bluefish.

Sending a email back to Spencer now.

-Dave

• Like 1

Can you guys share some of your ATI retro settings with me? I have 4 bulbs and two arrays. How long do you guys keep your t5s on for?

Thank you

It really depends. Most people utilize the blue,violet channels to create the LED blue effect.

Royal - 80%

Blue/Cyan - 80%

Violet - 70%

Adjust the white to your liking.

T5 Length - 2-6 hours depending on corals in there now.

-Dave

im confuse with the moon lights did not come on after 10:00 that's what I set up I thought they would have I must be doing something wrong.

If you have lunar mode on and being the first of the month it should be a new moon. Resulting in no light.

• 2 weeks later...

Victor,

Not ignoring at all. I sent an email to you yesterday stating I am waiting to hear back from Spencer at Bluefish. With the unit being used for a while and now with a change in the router password it has to be something with the router to Bluefish. Not a faulty Bluefish.

Sending a email back to Spencer now.

-Dave

After weeks, Spencer with Blue Fish asked me if I can connect to my phone as a WiFi hotspot and this worked. This made me question my router so I did a hard reset of the router and am now able to connect.

Thanks Dave & Spencer this is really a great product.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

If I did a diy large retro kit on a 24" 6 bulb sunpower how difficult or advanced would it be to change the ballast wires around so that only the 2 most outside bulbs fired and gut the 4 in the middle? So it would be 2 bulbs and 2 arrays?

jedimasterben

If I did a diy large retro kit on a 24" 6 bulb sunpower how difficult or advanced would it be to change the ballast wires around so that only the 2 most outside bulbs fired and gut the 4 in the middle? So it would be 2 bulbs and 2 arrays?

Do you have any experience with electronics and wiring?

jedimasterben

Very little. 20 years ago in high school.

In that case I would highly suggest to just pay the service and have Dave do it. Taking these things apart is giant pain in the ass, but Dave has it down to a science by now with how damned many he's done. The right tools and the knowhow go a long way!

In that case I would highly suggest to just pay the service and have Dave do it. Taking these things apart is giant pain in the ass, but Dave has it down to a science by now with how damned many he's done. The right tools and the knowhow go a long way!

Yeah might as well. Looks like it won't be that much more to just have him do it.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have a 6 bulb ATI coming and was looking into this. It's going over a 24" sps tank. Will 2 arrays be good? Tank is a 25 Lagoon.

Yes, the small kit would be great for this size tank and the ATI unit. The large kit on the website will be great.

-Dave

Hey Dave will you ever be doing some actinic light bars?

I really want to do this but currently only am doing internal ones. Lately I have had a TON of people contact me on BEAM strips inside the Sunpowers. Four strips equals more power than one bulb. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Dave,

I have a Nanobox Duo Plus M that I am interested to install on ATI Sunpower 24" T5 fixture with 6 bulbs. 

My questions are:

• Is it possible to keep the 6 bulbs in addition to incorporating my Nanobox Duo Plus M into the ATI?
  • IF not, do you always have to "waste" 2 bulbs when installing the arrays?
  • Are 2 arrays on existing Nanobox Duo enough for 20" tall and 24" long tank?
  • Do I need to get ATI with 8 bulbs if I want to end up with 6 bulbs?
  • How much is to add an extra or two arrays?
  • I am from Canada and I understand that your price is all inclusive (parts and labour) as long as I ship the Nanobox and ATI to you. How about shipping them back to me? Do you charge shipping? 
  • Will you keep the remaining parts of Nanobox Duo once you gutted it out?
  • I don't have another spare light while you are working on it, how long will it take to finish it?
  • If I want to do it myself, do you have video? Too bad you only have one for Biocube. 

jedimasterben
24 minutes ago, Canadianeh said:
  • Is it possible to keep the 6 bulbs in addition to incorporating my Nanobox Duo Plus M into the ATI? No, you have to sacrifice two of them.
  • Are 2 arrays on existing Nanobox Duo enough for 20" tall and 24" long tank? IMHO no, but Kessil advertises their 15 watt piddly little A80 as good for a 24" cube tank, so I guess nothing matters anymore :lol:

29 minutes ago, Canadianeh said:

Dave,

I have a Nanobox Duo Plus M that I am interested to install on ATI Sunpower 24" T5 fixture with 6 bulbs. 

My questions are:

• Is it possible to keep the 6 bulbs in addition to incorporating my Nanobox Duo Plus M into the ATI?
  • IF not, do you always have to "waste" 2 bulbs when installing the arrays?
  • Are 2 arrays on existing Nanobox Duo enough for 20" tall and 24" long tank?
  • Do I need to get ATI with 8 bulbs if I want to end up with 6 bulbs?
  • How much is to add an extra or two arrays?
  • I am from Canada and I understand that your price is all inclusive (parts and labour) as long as I ship the Nanobox and ATI to you. How about shipping them back to me? Do you charge shipping? 
  • Will you keep the remaining parts of Nanobox Duo once you gutted it out?
  • I don't have another spare light while you are working on it, how long will it take to finish it?
  • If I want to do it myself, do you have video? Too bad you only have one for Biocube. 

• No. 
  • You have to remove two bulbs unless you run something on the out side of the ATI unit. 
  • With the T5, yes. 
  • Yes
  • Two arrays would cost 109.90
  • Correct but your case is a bit different. You would need a new heatsink. 
  • Again if this is the route you want. 
  • Shipping to CA ~ 7-10 days to me, 3-4 to install and shipping back. You just never know with customs. 
  • There is a guide on the first page. Just as good as the video. 

-D

8 minutes ago, DaveFason said:
  • No. 
  • You have to remove two bulbs unless you run something on the out side of the ATI unit. 
  • With the T5, yes. 
  • Yes
  • Two arrays would cost 109.90
  • Correct but your case is a bit different. You would need a new heatsink. 
  • Again if this is the route you want. 
  • Shipping to CA ~ 7-10 days to me, 3-4 to install and shipping back. You just never know with customs. 
  • There is a guide on the first page. Just as good as the video. 

-D

why I would need a new heatsink? It is only less than 4 months old. How much is to retrofit ATI 6 bulbs 24" with nanobox duo plus M plus additional 2 arrays?

The age of your Duo has nothing to do with it.  The Duo body is a solid block of machined aluminum (a thing of beauty BTW) and it acts like a giant heatsink.  It is waaaay too heavy to be retrofitted into an ATI fixture.  The lightweight aluminum sheet body of the ATI fixture won't be able to support the weight of the Duo body.  You need the slim bar style heatsink for Retros to work properly in an ATI fixture.

17 minutes ago, Canadianeh said:

why I would need a new heatsink? It is only less than 4 months old. How much is to retrofit ATI 6 bulbs 24" with nanobox duo plus M plus additional 2 arrays?

You can not fit four arrays in the Duo heatsink. So you need a new heatsink to fit four arrays and to fit inside the ATI unit. The heatsinks I use for the ATI units is specific for it and works seamlessly. 

Shoot me an email if you want to go further. 

-Dave

• 1 year later...

Hey Dave, wondering if I picked up a two array kit would it be just a matter of wiring up another array or two in the future if I decided to upgrade, or would that require different drivers, power supply, etc?

thanks

22 hours ago, rpujol85 said:

Hey Dave, wondering if I picked up a two array kit would it be just a matter of wiring up another array or two in the future if I decided to upgrade, or would that require different drivers, power supply, etc?

thanks

You sure could. You would need....

• Wire
  • Heatsink
  • Screws
  • Thermal Paste 
  • Fan ( For other heatsink )