inTank Media Baskets

opinion's please( 42 x 17 x 16)

DVaDeR77

Jamesgordontank_zpsf062580f.jpg

Just would like to know what you guys think of this design. Good, bad what would you change. Also undesided if going glass or acrylic.

• 4 weeks later...

That looks awesome, you don't want to make the surface skimmer smaller? I would go with starphire glass with fully polished edges on all the panels, acrylic is a pain to clean and easy to scratch. Judging from the holes you are planning to run a bean animal overflow? I would make sure your small box can fit the 90 degree elbows for two of the pipes.

I'd been debating glass or acrylic for somtime now and I got pricing from a few place's for both a glass or acrylic. Think I'm going to go acrylic but build it my self. I'm getting a table saw for Xmas already have a table and a hand router, clamps and 90° clamps I have dome some wood working before and now that I have a larger house and a garage I can have a nice workshop. I know it's harder than it looks and easier said then done but as long as I take it slow I think I'll be just fine. Any pointers you all may have imall ears. Also need a good place to order some acrylic from, I've found a few places but the more the better. Thinking of going either 3/8 or 1/2 inch no brace also going down to 36 or 38 in length not 42 and 18 deep but staying at 16 in height. So about a 40breeder in size.

Archived