V0RAHBX.jpg

G0Oh7De.jpg

4b3E7HO.jpg

3BFXSKa.jpg

PKC1Cxe.jpg

Oh how I wish I could find a white Innovative Marine tank

• Like 1
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:51 AM, DaveFason said:

Ok have been lazy and still cant take good pics either........I bought a camera from Teeny and well it looks really nice :lol: anyway a few pics of the 100 and I saw I am not the only one to  have a tide on the fuge ;) 

Also one of the quad over the 30L.

IMG_3585.JPG

IMG_3587.JPG

IMG_3589.jpg

• Like 2

Dave already got this pic from my Flickr feed, but here it is anyway. I'm so excited my IM10 is finally coming back from the dead :)

2017-04-06 IM10 FTS

• Like 4
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I'm brand new to Nano-Reef and new to nano reefing as well. (I've been mainly a planted tank/Discus nut for a long time, but recently bit by the reef bug!) I have a Biocube 32 and the Nanobox Retro Plus M. After some reading in this thread, it appears the fan is not adjustable on the retro. Does anyone else experience the fan being really loud? It makes a constant slightly high pitched humming. I'm able to hear it over my tv at times. The tank is the same distance from me as my tv. About 6 ft or so. Any ideas? I wasn't sure if this is normal but its really hard to enjoy the tank with the hum. Thanks all for helping a reef newbie. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, RollaJase said:

Realised I never posted up pictures of my custom fixture using Dave's amazing V3.1 arrays.

nirKIK.jpg

qQ1g1g.jpg

dpKQkN.jpg

L1lREx.jpg

xnICip.jpg

WOW dude! Do you have any info on the light build?  LOVE the translucent splash guard. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

WOW dude! Do you have any info on the light build?  LOVE the translucent splash guard. 

4 x NB V3 Arrays

2 x NB V3.1 arrays

1 x BlueFish Nano controller

1 x O2 Surplus LDD driver board with integrated arduino for fan control

This was all built from scratch. The heatsink is a flat piece of Aluminium plate that the arrays are bolted directly to and then extruded aluminium heatsinks bolted to the top of that. 0.5mm heat pad is used as a conductor between the plate and extruded aluminium fins. The top control box is made out of 4mm acrylic on an aluminium frame and houses the driver board and BlueFish mini as well as 2x 140mm computer fans to cool the whole thing down. Realistically, I could probably run the fixture passively cooled but the fans give me piece of mind and are directly controlled by the intensity of a specific lighting channel. The splash guards are a  4.5mm acrylic two piece design that I wet sanded up to 2000 grit for the diffused look.

A few more pics can be seen at the below link.

https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/362180-rollajases-trip-off-the-deep-end-custom-rimless-55g/?page=10&tab=comments#comment-5232273

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
Tom@HaslettMI
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

that is super clean !!! 

Thanks!  That’s my goal... clean and quiet.  One of my next projects is to hang the Duo (Bye-bye gooseneck!).

Tom

anddd finally when I had the IM10 set up before I moved, I had a old duo over it. I plan on talking Dave into fixing and upgrading it 😉 and get this tank going again.

Im10-fts

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 4 weeks later...