DaveFason

Nano Box Owners Thread

eodmike

Hey Dave,

Just wondering when you think the next batch is going out? Super excited! Can't wait. I'm going top notch on all the equipment on this build. Hopefully I can make something 1/2 as polished looking in my tank as you have done with your lights.

makokak

nanobox0924_zpsc611f71d.jpgnanobox20924_zps28842bd2.jpgfts0924_zps6c715c6e.jpg

Unfortunely I moved and this tank came down. But just started a new tank and using the same nanobox

Is this DUO on a 24" frame? If it is , i would like to know more about this light for my CAD34g.

jedimasterben

Is this DUO on a 24" frame? If it is , i would like to know more about this light for my CAD34g.

It's a super old school Quad.

makokak

It's a super old school Quad.

Ah ok. Can i get a suggestion from you? for my CAD34g, what nanobox should i get?

jedimasterben

Ah ok. Can i get a suggestion from you? for my CAD34g, what nanobox should i get?

Hmm. The tank is 30x16x16, a bit long for the Duo, so you'd probably want the quad.

makokak

Hmm. The tank is 30x16x16, a bit long for the Duo, so you'd probably want the quad.

do you by any chance if dave accepted order for a duo in 24" in the past?

Muraki

You won't be disappointing if you went with the Quad. :)

Figure I would post this here. Will update once I have the conduit painted.

Custom 36" Nanobox over a 36" tank.

IMG_0920.jpg

• Like 6

Mirya

Ah so that is where the 36" ended up! Looks great!

• Like 1

HarryPotter

IMG_0920.jpg

Woah... Thats awesome!!!

Does the fixture heat up at your maximum intensity? Or do the heatsink/fans keep it cool?

• Like 2

jedimasterben

That was the most confusing product name Dave's ever had :lol: It was called the 'Duo 24' or '24" Duo' but it had four arrays in a 24" housing. This is why I kept pushing him to call it a Quad :lol:

Woah... Thats awesome!!!

Does the fixture heat up at your maximum intensity? Or do the heatsink/fans keep it cool?

He's not the only one to have a 36" enclosure...

IMG_9648.jpg

But mine was a little bit custom

IMG_9223.jpg

Had roughly 275w of LEDs in it, and the housing was very warm to the touch. Dave limits his arrays to ~26w each, so six of them is right around 150-160w total at full tilt, so it will get warm to the touch, but this is the design (the enclosure is aluminum and acts as a part of the heatsink),

• Like 1

Muraki

Woah... Thats awesome!!!

As Jedi said, if I have everything at 100% it does get warm to the touch, but at the current max/midday settings for the tank, it stays cold to the touch.

I absolutely love the light though. Fits the tank perfectly. I need to get an updated picture, waiting on a part before I take the pipe down to paint them, along with the wait for the diatom bloom to settle down.

makokak

i just checked the quad ive noticed that its only available in 2 channel and the duo is available in 2 and 4 channel. or you have to ask dave for 4 channel on quad?

Muraki

That was the most confusing product name Dave's ever had :lol: It was called the 'Duo 24' or '24" Duo' but it had four arrays in a 24" housing. This is why I kept pushing him to call it a Quad :lol:

He's not the only one to have a 36" enclosure...

But mine was a little bit custom

IMG_9223.jpg

Had roughly 275w of LEDs in it, and the housing was very warm to the touch. Dave limits his arrays to ~26w each, so six of them is right around 150-160w total at full tilt, so it will get warm to the touch, but this is the design (the enclosure is aluminum and acts as a part of the heatsink),

That LED layout looks like artwork. I remember seeing the picture of the 36" enclosure of your thread, but never got to the point of the actual build process for it. I need to go search for it again.

• Like 1

makokak

IMG_0920.jpg

wooo...that is one awesome nanobox!

• Like 1

Muraki

i just checked the quad ive noticed that its only available in 2 channel and the duo is available in 2 and 4 channel. or you have to ask dave for 4 channel on quad?

Just shoot Dave a PM, you can get anything extra that you want just about. Just costs a little more. He is great to work with!

makokak

Just shoot Dave a PM, you can get anything extra that you want just about. Just costs a little more. He is great to work with!

i just shoot you a PM.

jedimasterben

All of the Nanobox fixtures are available in 2, 4, or 5 channel (the fifth being a dedicated moonlight).

That LED layout looks like artwork. I remember seeing the picture of the 36" enclosure of your thread, but never got to the point of the actual build process for it. I need to go search for it again.

It was super sexy, and while I love my Nanobox arrays, there was just a little something extra I got from that setup, so I'm going back to something similar. :)

Here is a gif of how that array turned out :)

fts.gif

• Like 2

Newtybar

Here's my duo of Nano Box Duo's!

21558668564_cfb213c355_b.jpg

• Like 11

dirtrider225

20151012_191627_zpsjvgzultj.jpg

Crappy cell shot of my tank with a 36" sunpower retro with 4 bulbs and 6 pucks from dave! Will post a good pic eventually as well haha

• Like 2

brad908
553B90C2-D9A2-4D4B-B79D-3CB18871BCA5_zps
  • Like 3

kimberbee

Love it!

But my cat would knock all that stuff off the bed.

jbb_00

Here's my duo of Nano Box Duo's!

21558668564_cfb213c355_b.jpg

What are your settings, or is that pic just camera magic

• Like 1

vi3tboi7i4

22920590055_1effa7d9e9_z.jpg

Where did you get the stand for that tank? It looks beautiful!

xiaoxiy

Where did you get the stand for that tank? It looks beautiful!

Thanks! I made it!