Pod Your Reef

Drilled and sumped 8 gallon

Dnanoreefer

Got some pics for everyone. I think I'm going to decrease my lighting an hour. I'm getting some algae growth. Also going to raise the moonlight a bit.

Right side

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n540/zjdlobik/9FA03F11-5284-42CC-84E7-

3CB38AB7FA44.jpg

The new moonlight.

AB52BF46-F535-438E-BB42-460D5893718A.jpg

Fts

2C808AB5-E247-44D0-9400-5139B04A766B.jpg

Gilbert sitting in his chalice. This frag is growing lots and lots of new eyes.

0B0B93C0-1596-4B91-9EF5-4E7F6C7D6A78.jpg

War coral expanding nicely also.

2E683974-552B-4F61-9EDA-DE883CA77EFB.jpg

Right side

9FA03F11-5284-42CC-84E7-3CB38AB7FA44.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lights are on for 7 hours. I really want to order the 20k bulb soon. I'm working on a real big project right now and I'm self employed, soooo when the job is done I get paid. Money is a bit tight with the family and all. I don't have any play money's right now. I changed the water tonight and made some changes with the flow. I took off both flat return nozzles and just have a couple peices I loc line on. It's giving a more random flow. I am hoping all the coral respond well to it. The hammer was getting a bit blasted before and I knew the flat nozzle was kind of "directional" flow.. So we will give it a try like this.. Everything is doing real well.

I am going to be making a cool eBay order in a little wile here. I think I'm goin to pick up 5 more different chalice frags. I would be stoked to have multiple large colonies of chalice along with some zoas and lps coral.. The few sps coral I have are doin ok but if keeping sps doesn't work without dosing I think I'm just going to stick with the lps.. I really like chalice corals.

The goby was totally sitting in the middle of the hammer tonight. It was funny

• 2 weeks later...

Did a bit of a facelift on the sump again. I added a second timer power strip for the moonlight. The moonlight was on for too long before.. Lots of unwanted algae growth. We will see how everything does with the change. Also added a micro powerhead to the fuge section of the sump. The water seemed too still and stagnent thought it may help a bit..

Otherwise everything is doing real good. I didn't get any pictures but I will tomorrow afternoon.

• 1 month later...

Archived