Top Shelf Aquatics

Monochrome5's 150g Wrasse Reef

Monochrome5

Sad news. I came home from work last night to find my butterfly completely beat up. Torn off pectoral fin, broken dorsal spine, missing tail and several large bites and cuts. He's been relegated to my refugium to try and heal, but I have very little hope for him. I have no idea what decided it hated him, especially since he's so peaceful. None of my other fish show any signs of damage at all...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't get the quote thing to work, but to answer your question axia55:

I love the height! I'm 6'3", so the extra height means I can enjoy my tank without having to kneel down to view it. That was one thing I hated with my 75g. Just make sure you have strong lights and you'll be fine.

And I use a Nikon D80 with a few different lenses (my favorite being a 105mm fixed macro).

Best guess is the Bartlett's. He did not make it :( But, in great "circle of life" fashion, he did make an excellent meal for my anemone after he passed. Waste not.

And wait till you see what just came out of my QT.... :)

• 1 month later...
Monochrome5

I promise more pictures this weekend... growth has been phenomenal. New additions are out of QT and happy. I really can't say enough about how much I love the dimensions of this aquarium. It is really becoming a perfect tank.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Damn it has been too long since I updated this... So much has changed!! It looks very, very different now... Maybe I'll bust out the camera and show it off this weekend! 

Yeah if I can get out of work before my lights are off I'll get some shots. My potter recently passed after nearly 4 years with me. Came home to find him gone without a trace. Best guess is an anemone got him... Though he had been fine with them for quite a while. 

10 minutes ago, Monochrome5 said:

Yeah if I can get out of work before my lights are off I'll get some shots. My potter recently passed after nearly 4 years with me. Came home to find him gone without a trace. Best guess is an anemone got him... Though he had been fine with them for quite a while. 

I have 2 Potter's Wrasse coming from LA.  Fingers crossed...

Archived