tibbsy07

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You like the last design?

Last one.

14951690998_f5a999d69b_c.jpgtanwoodwadam by NanoBoxReef, on Flickr

-D

Can't wait to get this thing over the tank. I had been debating between linking the flickr image or just waiting until it came in to take a picture, but you have WAY better skills than I do at photography (not even considering my crappy phone versus your camera).

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

I think once the new tank and new light get here, I'm going to use my current 5g tank as a QT for the fish I am planning on getting, them sell it off or make it an office tank ;)

Well, that's the end of over a decade's worth of a hobby. I sold the last of my paintball gear off today - my baby. :(

I've been playing since I was 12 (over 17 years!). time to move on to bigger and better things - namely, aquariums!

Fedex says my light in out on the truck for delivery, but no sign of it yet. Hope it comes soon! It won't fit on the current tank set up as the tank has a rim and the light mount is for rimless tanks (as the IM Nuvo 10 is rimless).

Any more thoughts on the rockscape? Dave said he likes the last one with the sloped sand and the 3 rock islands.

I also think, considering that I have the 5g and everything for it, that I may just take that set up to work. I was thinking a macro/mantis tank? I will fuse all the rock together around a PVC tube to give the mantis a place, fill the rest with macro and go from there. To be honest, I know LED lights are not great for mantises, and there is a weak white LED strip above the desk, plus all the sunlight and overhead lights. I think the macro would grow just fine (I also have the 3W LED that I was using as a fuge light that I can supplement with). Thoughts? I'll be at work, so I can get access to all the RO/DI water I can dream of.

Dude, I want to win that PicO so bad... I never win anything, though, so I'm not holding my breath.
If I win the tank you can have it Tibbsy ;). I really just want the light for my mothers little biocube.

Something to think of on the scape. People very, VERY rarely use too little rock. I like the shape of my scape, but if I were to do it again, I'd take 2" off the height and 3-5" off the depth and set it into the tank more.

Something to think of on the scape. People very, VERY rarely use too little rock. I like the shape of my scape, but if I were to do it again, I'd take 2" off the height and 3-5" off the depth and set it into the tank more.

What do you mean?

If I win the tank you can have it Tibbsy ;). I really just want the light for my mothers little biocube.

Thanks lol

Look what came today... Now I have to figure out how to connect it all... I assume big power supply is for the light and the little one is for the controller? And where does the cord from the light connect to the controller, anywhere on the plug area or in the middle? Does it have to go a certain direction?

Sorry for the picture problems. I'm mobile right now

post-42107-0-55463700-1410043928_thumb.jpg

post-42107-0-78596700-1410043944_thumb.jpg

post-42107-0-19956900-1410044009_thumb.jpg

jedimasterben

The Storm and fan run off of 12v, the LEDs on 48v. Pay VERY close attention when connecting the dimming wires of the Storm to the drivers. Put it in upside down and you lose the controller.

And if the tank is only 12"x12", you'll probably only want one or two small rock structures, leave the rest of the sand open.

The Storm and fan run off of 12v, the LEDs on 48v. Pay VERY close attention when connecting the dimming wires of the Storm to the drivers. Put it in upside down and you lose the controller.

Which direction is that?? Lol

jedimasterben

Which direction is that?? Lol

It's the finished cord coming off of the driver box. Without having it in front of me I can't tell you what the orientation should be, though I know Dave said he marks them.

And if the tank is only 12"x12", you'll probably only want one or two small rock structures, leave the rest of the sand open.

:wacko:
It's the finished cord coming off of the driver box. Without having it in front of me I can't tell you what the orientation should be, though I know Dave said he marks them.

I see it now, thanks. I agree with 2 rocks, too. I think that's about all it can handle.

There should be a little arrow on one side of the plug that goes into the storm controller. That should be face up when plugging in

I see it. That arrow is up towards the screen, yes? Does it matter which prongs? I have it dead center.

:wacko:
lol
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to tibbsy07 5.5 pico reef

Archived