SaltCritters.com

tibbsy07 5.5 pico reef

tibbsy07

I can see this with no light but a sump included. I just feel like AIOs that cost this much are kind of a cheat... 30g but you sacrifice a lot of display for the sake of it being contained. A stand sump and 30g tank with the overflow for 800 sure. Not this though.

I agree. You could have a custom one built for less.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my wife totally hooked! She admitted she was addicted tonight and began telling me that my tank looked ghetto and that my coral placement was bad! Lololol

One thing though, the kenya looks kind of white along its top with the light off and i'm wondering if it's bleaching? My wife is concerned that it hangs down too much and isn't pointing up like a tree. Any ideas?

A.) She says she doesn't want to see all the equipment in the back so she wants the back painted black. Eventually she wants a display tank drilled to a sump.

B.) She hates the bookshelf tank thing. She wants me to get a designated stand.

C.) She thinks my tank is too bare and that i need a fish and more zoas and rics.

D.) Most importantly, when i said i want all of those but it costs money, she said it was a good investment. Boom.

I agree. You could have a custom one built for less.

Right?

Explain to me how you got her hooked! I need to try it on my fiancé. I have it to where she barely tolerates the tank. I think when we get a house I will be kicked out to the garage or the basement. I'm ok with that though as it will be easier to hide multiple tanks and new livestock lol.

Explain to me how you got her hooked! I need to try it on my fiancé. I have it to where she barely tolerates the tank. I think when we get a house I will be kicked out to the garage or the basement. I'm ok with that though as it will be easier to hide multiple tanks and new livestock lol.

Hahaha, honestly I just kept her involved in the planning process. I also let her know what the costs would be like and that I would keep them as low as possible. I also asked what corals and stuff she'd like to see. She wanted a hammer coral and an emerald crab. So, I got those first. I doubt she'll ever want a large tank, I think picos and maybe up to 20g is my limit.

time to place a big order!

Teehee

Nice! This tank will now have a woman's touch :D. Pretty neat that she's into it.

Right? I'm pumped! She's got a really great eye for design and stuff. I know the biology and the needs of the corals. The two of us will make this even better

Working on shifting all of my stuff over to metric to keep in line with science. I did a 4L change for my water change the other night. I have a scale, and I am going to use that to measure out my salt. As it stands, my conversion is 0.528 cups of salt per 4 L (0.5 cups for 1 gallon, 1 gallon = 3.78L). That is approximately 125 grams, I believe. I'm going to weigh out the salt exactly so I know, but metric is just so much easier ;) Especially how every test kit I have is in mL, I do metric at work. No more US measurements!

The next time the farm has a swap find out if zoagirl (Michelle) is going to be there. Her frags are great priced and grow like crazy. I got several from her down at a swap in SC a couple of weeks before the swap at the farm. I had to make the choice which one to go to, only reason I went to SC was it is 2 hours closer for me. I am waiting to find out when the next reefsmart is I have to get my vacation days put in to prepare my tanks for it.

The next time the farm has a swap find out if zoagirl (Michelle) is going to be there. Her frags are great priced and grow like crazy. I got several from her down at a swap in SC a couple of weeks before the swap at the farm. I had to make the choice which one to go to, only reason I went to SC was it is 2 hours closer for me. I am waiting to find out when the next reefsmart is I have to get my vacation days put in to prepare my tanks for it.

Cool! thanks for the info. I definitely like the coral at the Reef Farm best so far. The other LFS has good inverts, fish, and hardware/supplements/etc. But the coral there is "meh" and expensive. The Reef Farm had great coral at great prices, even willing to haggle, and their frag swaps are apparently great. I'll keep an eye out for Michelle. Where in NC do you live?

Side note: I'm thinking of getting one of PJ86's reef jar ecosystems and keeping it at work, using it to do some micro tests. Maybe even some microbiology stuff... Water chemistry, flow ideas, etc. We'll see.

Medical question. If you were sick with a disease that would kill you or could get the disease, but the disease could be prevented or treated if you ate some human flesh from someone who died from that disease, would you do it?

I have my wife totally hooked! She admitted she was addicted tonight and began telling me that my tank looked ghetto and that my coral placement was bad!

My man.

Medical question. If you were sick with a disease that would kill you or could get the disease, but the disease could be prevented or treated if you ate some human flesh from someone who died from that disease, would you do it?

This is hypothetical right? If not, what the hell did you get yourself into?

My man.

This is hypothetical right? If not, what the hell did you get yourself into?

Totally hypothetical. Just a medical microbiologist wondering if people would or not.

I would convince a lab to turn dead guy into an injectable vaccine and present my cheek to be administered.

That didn't sound very kosher.

What if the ONLY way was to eat it?

Side note: I have found that the back left corner of the tank is a total dead zone for flow. I'm going to have to fix that or there will be real trouble. I might get one of those $10 rio 50 powerheads (70 gph) or swap the ac70 impeller back in.

Cool! thanks for the info. I definitely like the coral at the Reef Farm best so far. The other LFS has good inverts, fish, and hardware/supplements/etc. But the coral there is "meh" and expensive. The Reef Farm had great coral at great prices, even willing to haggle, and their frag swaps are apparently great. I'll keep an eye out for Michelle. Where in NC do you live?

I am in Kannapolis. You will find the best deals from the farm.

I am in Kannapolis. You will find the best deals from the farm.

Their corals were really healthy. I had never seen a greenhouse before for coral, though they use blue tarps as their light filter which I thought was a bit strange, but hey, if it works why not? And I got all of my coral (including the yuma which is gone now, replaced with a different ric) for $57. Good deal imo

Oh God...

Is ketchup an option? :lol:

Oh God...

Is ketchup an option? :lol:

Hahaha sure. You don't even have to eat it like food. It could be put in a food tube and directly inject it into your stomach. It is more the concept I'm wondering about

Hahaha sure. You don't even have to eat it like food. It could be put in a food tube and directly inject it into your stomach. It is more the concept I'm wondering about

Then yes. I'd have nothing to lose.

"Fry it up with a little broccoli and stuffing...delicious!"

Bonus points if anyone can identify this quote...

No idea...

I need a mame skimmer III like I need water or oxygen. I can't find them anywhere online. Maybe ebay?

• Christopher Marks changed the title to tibbsy07 5.5 pico reef

Archived