inTank Media Baskets

tibbsy07 5.5 pico reef

tibbsy07

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah campus was crazy. Buses stopped at around 2pm and told everyone to get off. Accidents all over the place, including a car on fire on the highway. I walked 5.5 miles home from work in the snow. Was hoping to come home to a happy tank, then i go and screw it all up...

Dood...they canceled the Duke UNC game without a makeup date announced.

Da fuk??? :o

I'm not sure the koralia 240 is working well. It's a lot of flow and i think the kenya tree is unhappy. It's not fully extending. I'll give it more time to adjust. The xenia are just blowing around. Can't even see them pulsing... i may have to go with the koralia pico 180, or nothing. I mean the ac30 impeller pushes 150gph so in a 5gallon tank i've got 30x water turn over in theory...

Try pointing the koralia towards the water surface from a corner. Not directly down.
That way the flow helps break up the surface for good oxygen exchange

and it doesn't go straight into your corals. The flow can/should bounce off the glass.

W-

The rio50 is cheap and works great too. Your tank is a couple of gallons larger than mine though so you can get away with a koralia. I didn't even know they made a pico version...cool.

Did you find the yuma?

The rio50 is cheap and works great too. Your tank is a couple of gallons larger than mine though so you can get away with a koralia. I didn't even know they made a pico version...cool.

Did you find the yuma?

Nope. Yuma is gone :( It was probably my favorite coral that I got (also cost the most at 25 bucks)... I'm pretty bummed. I'll have to see about the koralia. I want the xenia to actually pulse, not just get blown around. I don't really know what a kenya tree should look like when it's healthy, but before the koralia was on, it was really extended and stretched out with all of it's polyps out. Now it's much more subdued, polyps are out, but it's not super stretched...

Update:

20140213_135520.jpg

Kenya tree does not like the koralia, it seems.

GHA on the zoas, both of them now. I'm going to have to do a water change. Maybe add phosguard to the mediabasket.

Kenya tree is still unhappy, koralia is off. I might have to move it back to where it was before - interesting as that is a lower flow area, but all the online care things say high flow for kenya trees...

20140214_094935.jpg

20140214_094941.jpg

Was going to go to the frag swap tomorrow, but the snow has shifted my experimental plans. Instead I think I'm going to head to the other LFS and pick up a couple of snails and an emerald crab, as well as some food for the corals.

Tibbsy, Kenya tree looks much better today than yesterday in these pictures.

Yeah, still angry though. Hopefully this afternoon when i get back from work it will be good again

Surprised the wife with tickets to Book of Mormon tonight for V day. Went on our first date 10 years ago today. Show was amazing!!!! Everything i love about South Park and theater/musicals wrapped into one. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are geniuses.

Surprised the wife with tickets to Book of Mormon tonight for V day. Went on our first date 10 years ago today. Show was amazing!!!! Everything i love about South Park and theater/musicals wrapped into one. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are geniuses.

Love that show! So wrong but so funny!

Love that show! So wrong but so funny!

I was amazed at the number of people at the musical who clearly had no idea what they were getting in to when they bought tickets... It was incredible, though. Funny, irreverent, brutal, honest, offensive... Wow.

Tank update:

Things are looking better today. Still going through a case of the young tank uglies, but I'm heading to the LFS in about 15 minutes to grab a small CUC. Zoas and kenya tree are looking better.

20140215_111112.jpg

20140215_111118.jpg

Just got back from the lfs. Got some margartia snails and some ceriths, an emerald crab and a florida ricordea to replace my yuma. Floating them now. Going to acclimate them asap

• Christopher Marks changed the title to tibbsy07 5.5 pico reef

Archived