Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

tibbsy07 5.5 pico reef

tibbsy07

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The prongs will make a difference as to which channels you are using. Putting it far left will set it to channel 1 and 2 for programming
:wacko: this stuff is to high tech for me. I would need instructions!

Far left in which way? The side where the knob is or no?

Furthest from the knob

:wacko: this stuff is to high tech for me. I would need instructions!

Dave made a post about how to program it so there's instructions for you :)

Did you get the 13up board with limes? I've found that I like a 3:1 blue to white ratio with my light

As far as I know it's the 13 with lime. There are 13...

Here are some quick pictures of the light.

20140907_092452.jpg

Front shot with a bit of daylight. Trying for 12-14K.

20140907_092445.jpg

The light is not actually mounted right now - it has the rimless mounting option, and obviously with the rim it won't fit on the tank. For this picture I had it mounted on the AC70, but I felt that the AC70 wouldn't support the light very well and I didn't want it falling into the tank.

So, I looked on MD.com today and it looks like they have the fusion 10s back in stock, so hopefully they are shipping our orders out this week! I called them yesterday, but the girl I spoke to still was not sure when they would be getting them in. :-)

Here is a picture with the nanobox light actually ON the tank. I took the CC bulb down. I figured out a way to hook the NB to the AC70 so that it would stay and not fall.

It's a crappy picture, but you get the idea:

20140909_184159.jpg

This is only temporary as I'm hoping to get the IM 10 soon...

So, I looked on MD.com today and it looks like they have the fusion 10s back in stock, so hopefully they are shipping our orders out this week! I called them yesterday, but the girl I spoke to still was not sure when they would be getting them in. :-)

Woohoo! I actually spoke with IM yesterday and they said they were absolutely shipping to MD yesterday.

Yea, so the website is showing back ordered again. I called MD and she said they still have not gotten them in, but IM told them they would be delivered some time next week. So......still waiting. Maybe next week, cross your fingers! :-)

but in better news, your nanobox looks great!!

Yea, so the website is showing back ordered again. I called MD and she said they still have not gotten them in, but IM told them they would be delivered some time next week. So......still waiting. Maybe next week, cross your fingers! :-)

but in better news, your nanobox looks great!!

Thanks! Yeah, MD says they are supposed to get them now (IM confirms they are sent). It's still been a while, though. :(

looks good

On a side note - I'm a little worried about the hammer? The 2 heads look great (maybe getting a third?) but the base of the stalk looks bad. Just below the elbow-like bend in the stalk, right at the base where the epoxy holds it to the rock, it's been "eaten" away? It's only like half there and it looks like something has been chipping away at it. Clearly, the base isn't going to last. How far up can I trim it? I have no idea where the hammer coral's actual living bottom is, as in where is it safe for me to cut the base away? I wish I could get a good picture, but it's around the back and hard to focus a camera on.

The punk rocker zoas, the watermelon zoas, the hammer, the blue sympodium, the pulsing xenia, the GSP, the Kenya tree, and the 2 rics.

Gone forever:

Green Bay Packer zoas

Radioactive Dragon Eye zoas

Orange yuma :(

Should I use this set up for a QT once I get the IM 10 or make it a macro forest with a mantis?

I vote quarantine, either for fish or for corals. But I'm paranoid like that.

Better yet: Buy two cheap tanks and have one of each! :naughtydance:

Or I could do QT and THEN turn it into a mantis tank. I won't be doing much QT at all after I get the first couple of fish. I plan on getting all the fish at the same time.

• Christopher Marks changed the title to tibbsy07 5.5 pico reef

Archived