Pod Your Reef

My Flower Box

gena

Hey Gena, Can you get a close up of the DA and the OF nems?

I can. :)

I took a bunch of pictures today with the good camera.

wow so the one I got today is awesome, too bad it walked behind the rocks where I can't see it. Weird cause the other ones stayed in place

Awesome! I can't wait to see it! I must have gotten really lucky to only have one, out of the seven, occasionally wandering around my tank. It stayed in place today.

Here are some photos I took with the good camera today. :)

FTS 11-20-13

112013no1_zpsd341508e.jpg

Closeup of Orange Freeze (I hope that's close enough ;))

112013no2_zps7be17dcb.jpg

112013no5_zpsa0e1654d.jpg

112013no7_zps5fb313b9.jpg

Closeup of Dark Angel

112013no3_zps93086aa0.jpg

White Zebra from KPA

112013no4_zps3b6ec348.jpg

112013no8_zps28fc203c.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah! I apparently missed your updates yesterday! I'm glad the nems from Morgan arrived :) They look great and they're so big! This tank is going to be full in no time. I think the big green and white one is my favorite too!

Woah! I apparently missed your updates yesterday! I'm glad the nems from Morgan arrived :) They look great and they're so big! This tank is going to be full in no time. I think the big green and white one is my favorite too!

They are huge!!!! I'm quickly running out of room and there are so many more colors I want. :(:lol:

Those look awesome! Huge too....my snow lime is under the ledge in zero light. And the gold is tucked up tight...think these guys like lower light....unlike a bta.

Nice shots G, thanks!

super nice idea.! Do they propagate by division? lovely tank,,again

Thanks, Marie!!!! They actually will spawn. There are males and females. You can't tell until they do their thing, what sex they are. Males release sperm in the tank which I think the females will ingest to fertilize the eggs. :lol: that's probably worded completely wrong, but you get the gist.

Those look awesome! Huge too....my snow lime is under the ledge in zero light. And the gold is tucked up tight...think these guys like lower light....unlike a bta. Nice shots G, thanks!

Thank you, and you are very welcome :). Yes...I'm pretty sure they like low light. And I think my light is way too bright for them. I'm putting shades up for them :lol:.

I watched this video today of a rock flower anemone dive. None seem to be in very bright light.

Thank you, and you are very welcome :). Yes...I'm pretty sure they like low light. And I think my light is way too bright for them. I'm putting shades up for them :lol:.

I watched this video today of a rock flower anemone dive. None seem to be in very bright light.

Oh cool, thanks.....I may have to re-scape a few things <_<

Here are the two in my 8 gallon, best picture I could get with my ipod. Had to turn the rock around they were on cause they both went to the back but the blue and yellow one is kind of under a ledge now so I guess as long as it can be in the shade it'll be happy. You can also see one of my sexies on it.

rock_zps2faac0a2.jpg

The one in my 40 breeder is in a really dumb spot I wonder if I can get it out.

Thanks, Marie!!!! They actually will spawn. There are males and females. You can't tell until they do their thing, what sex they are. Males release sperm in the tank which I think the females will ingest to fertilize the eggs. :lol: that's probably worded completely wrong, but you get the gist.

I do. :) Hmm I gots a ten gallon sitting there empty and..it ain't a cowboy hat. 10 gallon..umm yuk yuk? Interesting!

Well it doesn't look like bright light in that video but it had to be enough light to capture the images so, the video may be a bit misleading in that respect, Just thinking. Also thought I saw something resembling favites,

Here are the two in my 8 gallon, best picture I could get with my ipod. Had to turn the rock around they were on cause they both went to the back but the blue and yellow one is kind of under a ledge now so I guess as long as it can be in the shade it'll be happy. You can also see one of my sexies on it.

The one in my 40 breeder is in a really dumb spot I wonder if I can get it out.

LOVE! Your bigger one looks similar to my green one!!!!! I wish I could have sexy shrimp but they are little devils for me :lol:.

I do. :) Hmm I gots a ten gallon sitting there empty and..it ain't a cowboy hat. 10 gallon..umm yuk yuk? Interesting!

Well it doesn't look like bright light in that video but it had to be enough light to capture the images so, the video may be a bit misleading in that respect, Just thinking. Also thought I saw something resembling favites,

You should do it! I have a backup 10g myself in case I run out of room too quickly. There are too many colors I want to collect. :)

sweetjesus.jpg

:D

JUST got a special delivery of one Pink Zebra rock flower. She's floating and she's stunning!!!! I'm gonna need a bigger tank. :lol:

It does! It actually looks a lot like the picture. I think they called it pink and chocolate. I can totally see that :). You should have bought it when you were thinking about it. :lol:

But I'm glad you didn't. ;)

BTW...are your flowers eating? Mine don't seem interested yet.

It does! It actually looks a lot like the picture. I think they called it pink and chocolate. I can totally see that :). You should have bought it when you were thinking about it. :lol:But I'm glad you didn't. ;)BTW...are your flowers eating? Mine don't seem interested yet.

Evil woman!

LOL. Haven't tried yet....ones still hiding in a cave. I think I need to move them lower

Evil woman! LOL. Haven't tried yet....ones still hiding in a cave. I think I need to move them lower

:lol:

It probably takes them time to settle in before they want to eat. I would think so anyways. I'll try again at the end of the week.

Here's a poopy iPhone FTS. I'll get a better one with the good camera later.

ftspinkzebra_zps4a664fce.jpg

so which one is ur fav? are you gonna name them?

Pink zebra is definitely my new favorite :). I won't name them, that'd be too hard. I'll just call them the names they were already given: Orange Freeze, Dark Angel, Pink Zebra, Toxic Snow, and then White Zebra from KPA. The others don't have names. They are just "the green freebie", "the orange one", and "the white freebie". Works for me :).

Where did the new pink zebra come from? Its pretty!

Aquascapers :blush:

Oh...I moved one of my vice frags in this tank as well. I wanted to see if the color would look different under a different lighting. I should be able to tell tomorrow. :)

I wish I could find nice looking rock flowers locally!

Wow, somehow I missed this. I saw when you started it but a GREAT DEAL has hap'd while I was gone. I think your white one looks like mine. I'm going to put mine in my 34 when I get some gloves, since I have a new scape- I can't remember if they sting or not.

I am loving all of your new flowers! Everything is gorgeous. It's a good thing I'll be gone for the next few months because otherwise I could never wait until after our move to restart the tank.

Archived