Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gertie- my girl is gone.

FlowerMama

Wooo! Macro! It will be awesome when it grows in.

I'm still betting the green one is alive. It doesn't really surprise me at all you haven't seen him. Remember, these guys get in peoples fish tanks and hide out without being spotted killing snails and fish going unnoticed until the person realizes things are disappearing or hears a pop.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy I sure hope so. This is driving me crazy. I know they're reclusive. Since no food has been touched I put a tiny hermit in there to eat it. Nitrates haven't changed from 2.5. I'll be curious after adding even the little bit of macro I did will the nitrate go down in 5 days. I've never had macro.. I have the rest in my 34 just waiting til I get back from my vaca and get the fuge/sump & overflow added in. Skimmer is broken in. I did an order w/ LiveAquaria for some snails since 2 friends at work wanted to go with them so we avoided shipping costs. I'm gonna put a cerith and an astrea in each one.

A big thank you to my buddy FlCandy for the macro.

Wooo! Macro! It will be awesome when it grows in.

I'm still betting the green one is alive. It doesn't really surprise me at all you haven't seen him. Remember, these guys get in peoples fish tanks and hide out without being spotted killing snails and fish going unnoticed until the person realizes things are disappearing or hears a pop.

They've been uber quiet. No sound after I put them in the tank. No morse code to each other or anything. They are by far the most unique thing I've ever kept after that 14 lb Flemish Giant Bunny I had.

fingers crossed for the him! i am the same way, cannot stand not knowing whats goin on with new hidden critters. sounds like your doin all the right things though, i know nothing about mantis but i really want one now! that gsp is gonna look soo sweet with the macros

I didn't see my green wennerae for almost four months.

holy cow. I was out of town so just seeing this now. I checked & no difference in water parameters btw the 2 tanks so I assume he hasn't died.

I bet it's molting.

Maybe they're both molting, I hadn't seen the maroon one for 2 days and then I was out of town for 5. I'm off tomorrow so I'll be watching the tanks then.

Haven't seen the green one yet but I still see the maroon one checking me out. If I saw the green one checking me out I'd feel better. Hopefully he's just hiding.

Still no greenie- however, the maroon one came out while FlCandy came over for a brief moment, he got up near the divider and was looking around. I'm hoping the other will come out if he sees him. FlCandy, you're my good luck charm- that's the most I've ever seen him and he didn't run. I've seen him poke his head out and that's it.

Maybe that's why he came out - she was something new. Also, the gsp is doing well, it's opened. I think I might have to get a bag of marbles or something. Maybe that could make for some interesting colored toys -go along w/ Islandoftiki's montesorri style of learining at your own pace.

I know, I can't post pics right now - I can copy the link from photobucket and put it my notepad no problem, just can't paste it into the forum here. And Quote and MultiQuote aren't working. Something has either happened with my username or it's the browser but all I have is Internet Explorer, I use google for searching. Didn't have a problem til I was gone several days and came back. I don't know what hapd.

Try downloading Chrome. It's a better browser anyway =P.

Whoo Hoo!!!! finally I can quote and add pics. Ty ty ty ty ty. Did I say TY?

I will be removing some of the macro to put in the fuge which I will set up after Thanksgiving.

001_zpsab5d72f5.jpg

005_zps8afa8c94.jpg

Blue ric on the right.

008_zps341edda3.jpg

Yellow/Green ric on the left.

007_zps97a47ef1.jpg

Archived